Thread: British batteries

Question British batteries

Hello people, I'm currently finalising the shopping list for my first mhs saber. I wondered if there are any other Brits here that can point me to a pre wired li ion 18650 as TCSS cannot ship internationally. My search so far seems to suggest there is no call for pre wired Single cell other than a lightsaber. Any help will be appreciated as I'm itching to get started

Welcome to the Forums.

You can see what JQ Sabers has as far as batteries go, they are based in the UK.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Welcome to the Forums.

You can see what JQ Sabers has as far as batteries go, they are based in the UK.
    Thank you, I will check them out

Or purchase the battery you want from ebay and make the pack your self. Thats what i do now.

Have you tried Maplins at all? I am just starting to plan my first Sabre and I will most likely be using them for small bits such as wire, switches and the like. They might be able to get the kind of battery you are after.

Edit:

I went hunting. This is what I found.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/18650-lith...y-1-pack-a09lc
    Last edited by Telgarian; 04-25-2015 at 01:11 PM.

Yeah, that's all I found too. I went in the shop to ask but the useless Saturday boy just looked on the website
    I've just received today a pre wired 18650 li ion and various parts from JQ sabres. They ship direct from TCSS and they can make up and supply those batteries we all love

That is useful to know, thanks. My only question is what is JQ's markup like?

Quote Originally Posted by Telgarian View Post
    That is useful to know, thanks. My only question is what is JQ's markup like?
    My initial price list came to $176.74 which converted to ?111.86 and that was without a battery. Their quote, including the battery was ?134.69 vat include. They try to offset the shipping cost by offering hole drilling and tapping and wiring for free. The battery alone cost ?12.42 for a Li-Ion 3400mAh 18650, so you can imagine I'm well happy with their service and I would suggest you at least check out what they can do for you
    Last edited by Greenie; 04-26-2015 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Correcting poor grammar

Well, if you need some more feedback, I only can tell you good things. Both Daren and Susan are charming, and I love the old-fashioned style one to one business. I need this item, what do you think about this idea, etc... Superb. And confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobezno View Post
    Well, if you need some more feedback, I only can tell you good things. Both Daren and Susan are charming, and I love the old-fashioned style one to one business. I need this item, what do you think about this idea, etc... Superb. And confidence.
    This!

They are an awesome couple and service is second to none.