Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Planning my build

Default Planning my build

Ok guys so I have my hilt designed, and i have my wiring figured out mostly as i will be using the tutorial from the custom saber shops youtube but with a kill key as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOpUSCsXXhk

My question is, how would i go about upgrading that setup in the future to have flash on clash and blaster deflect button. Would also like to have a driver board in the future to get the blade to appear to extend and retract

What's YOUR design? What are you putting inside your saber electronics-wise?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I will be using a Coppernova LED, Nano Biscotte Sound Module V2, 2W 28mm Bass Speaker, TrustFire Protected 3.7V 2400mAh 18650 Lithium Batterys and 16mm Anti Vandal Short Momentary Red Ring Switch. Everything will be wired up as Rob show's in the linked video but i will be adding a kill key to it.

This is the setup i plan to upgrade later down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossy View Post
    I will be using a Coppernova LED, Nano Biscotte Sound Module V2, 2W 28mm Bass Speaker, TrustFire Protected 3.7V 2400mAh 18650 Lithium Batterys and 16mm Anti Vandal Short Momentary Red Ring Switch. Everything will be wired up as Rob show's in the linked video but i will be adding a kill key to it.

This is the setup i plan to upgrade later down the line.
    Upgrade to what exactly?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

upgrading to have flash on clash and a blaster deflect sound button. Would also like to have a driver board in the future to get the blade to appear to extend and retract
    Last edited by Crossy; 03-27-2015 at 05:36 PM.

Well, the NBv2 already supports Flash on Clash. The blade extending/retracting effect can be accomplished (somewhat) with the proper diffuser film in your blade. You can't get a true extend/retract without going to a string LED blade, and that's a whole other set of worms to deal with.

To add blaster block, lockup, etc, you'll need a Petit Crouton or better. And a second momentary switch.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Hmm the Petit Crouton Sound Module V3.5 is $129 on TCSS and Crystal Focus Saber Core V7.5 is $125 from plector labs.
    So which is the better choice, in most of the high end sabers ive seen they use the crystal focus.
    They don't seem too much of a pain to wire up the only concern is that my hilt will be using the ribbed v-grooved extension, so i don't know if that card and a battery will fit.

That 125 isn't in dollars. It's in Euros.

Ohh didn't notice that. Would only work out slightly more expensive anyways, so which card is better, it needs to be able to do lockup, flash on clash, blaster deflects and The blade extending/retracting (or just a fade out) dont want it looking like just a flash light.

If the petit crouton can do that then ace cos its less cash, as my hilt alone is rocking up close to ?120 or $178 in American

Quote Originally Posted by Crossy View Post
    Ohh didn't notice that. Would only work out slightly more expensive anyways, so which card is better, it needs to be able to do lockup, flash on clash, blaster deflects and The blade extending/retracting (or just a fade out) dont want it looking like just a flash light.

If the petit crouton can do that then ace cos its less cash, as my hilt alone is rocking up close to ?120 or $178 in American
    Both the PC and the CF can do that. The CF is the top end board. But with that said, if you're new, it's better to start off on a "less expensive" board.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines