Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do I have everything I need and are my parts compatiable with eachother?

Default Do I have everything I need and are my parts compatiable with eachother?

I'm attempting to make a color mixing enabled saber, here are the parts I have in my cart atm. Is there anything else I need, and can my parts be used together and fit into my hilt?

Electronics:

-Prizm Sound Module V3.5
    -Red/Green/Royal Blue Cree XP-E2 CopperNova
    -For the Green: .47 Ohm .5w resistor
    -For the Red: 1 Ohm 2w resistor
    -For the Royal Blue: .47 Ohm .5w resistor
    -Li-Ion 18650 3.7V 2600mAh PCB Protected Rechargeable Battery Module
    -18650 Single Cell Holder
    -3.7V-14.8V Li-Ion Smart charger
    -16mm Anti Vandal Short Momentary Green Ring Switch (Main switch)
    -16mm Anti Vandal Short Momentary Green Dot Switch (Aux. switch)
    -20mA DynaOhm? Variable Resistor (I have 2 in my cart, 1 for the main switch and 1 for the aux. switch)
    -3.5mm R.I.C.E.? Port Style 1
    -USB to 3.5mm R.I.C.E.? cable
    -Premium 28mm Speaker
    -MHS speaker mount V6 - For 28mm Speakers

Hilt:
    -MHSV1 Blade Holder Style 21
    -MHS Heat Sink V3
    -MPS Pommel style 8
    -MPS Insert style 1
    -Machined button for Covertec clip
    -Hilt style 2 w/2 machine recessed 16mm AV switch holes

Blade:
    -LED "TCSS style" Show blade 1" OD (38 inches)
    -18deg Tri-Rebel/Cree Star Lens

Any help is greatly appreciated
    Last edited by Xabvosx; 03-09-2015 at 07:41 PM.

You would be better off with the Tri-Cree, and you would need resistors for each of the main LED dice.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    You would be better off with the Tri-Cree, and you would need resistors for each of the main LED dice.
    Thanks for the advice, I updated my parts list with the Tri-Cree and resistors

Quote Originally Posted by Xabvosx View Post
    Thanks for the advice, I updated my parts list with the Tri-Cree and resistors
    Wrong resistors. The Blues and Greens are wrong - you would use those for the Reds.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Wrong resistors. The Blues and Greens are wrong - you would use those for the Reds.
    Are you reffering to the resistors for the LED switches or the blue and green on the Tri-Cree?

Are you reffering to the resistors for the LED switches or the blue and green on the Tri-Cree?
    Actually all of the Tri-Cree colors. Everything you had would be way more than you need.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Actually all of the Tri-Cree colors. Everything you had would be way more than you need.
    I updated it again, are those the right ones? I'm new to building a saber, I'm just using the LED calculator for single LEDs, because to me it looks like the calculator for multiple LEDs is meant to be used with multiple of the same color LEDs.

I updated it again, are those the right ones? I'm new to building a saber, I'm just using the LED calculator for single LEDs, because to me it looks like the calculator for multiple LEDs is meant to be used with multiple of the same color LEDs.
    The calculator will almost always overestimate what you need. the Blues and Greens can use the .47 Ohm .5W and the Red is 1 Ohm 2w.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

The calculator will almost always overestimate what you need. the Blues and Greens can use the .47 Ohm .5W and the Red is 1 Ohm 2w.
    Are there any other ones that will work with the Blues and Greens? Theres only 1 .47Ohm .5W in stock atm. I can wait for more of them to be in stock to order, but ordering ASAP would be ideal, as all my other parts are in stock.

The 1 Ohm 2W would work, however the Blue and Green won't be quite AS bright as it could be.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines