Thread: PC vs CF

Default PC vs CF

I'm really stuck on the fence with this decision here. I'm going to do a saber (very soon) that will color mix and I'm having a hard time choosing between the PC 3.5 and CF 7.5. Sadly Erv doesn't have any color extenders in stock and has a month long wait time, so that's my reason to opt for the PC. I want to know the color mixing capabilities and experiences everyone has had with a CEx or with the pseudo color mixing method.
    Honey, you've been looking for love in Alderaan places!

It's similar, however having a CEx does make mixing colors like purple a bit easier as it eliminates the color separation. The PC and the CF behave exactly the same in that regard.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I'm not sure I understand you're dilemma. Both the PC and the CF use the CEx for accurate color mixing. Either board can also be used for pseudo color mixing. Your choice comes down to what features you are looking for in a soundboard.

see http://plecterlabs.com/Media/Doc/Com...ter_boards.php for a comparison of the CF, PC, and all the other boards available here at TCSS.
    Last edited by cvsickle; 02-26-2015 at 10:20 PM.

Here let me clarify. I want to order all the parts soon, but the CEx are out of stock until late March. If you compare the pseudo mixing from the PC, how does it do in comparison to the CF 7.5 with a CEx? Pretty much my question boils down to whether or not it's worth waiting for the CEx to use with the CF 7.5.

The color mixing vs. pseudo is the same whether or not you use a PC or a CF. Both can be used with or without the CEx, which is where the confusion is coming in for some.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Yeah I understand that. I would have to convert the CF to single-cell use to pseudo mix. Would using the CEx on the CF really be worth the wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Evilpancreas View Post
    Yeah I understand that. I would have to convert the CF to single-cell use to pseudo mix. Would using the CEx on the CF really be worth the wait?
    Thats not accurate. You could use a 7.4v solution, you would just need larger resistors for the other channels. You would also have to hack the PC as well. Only the Prizm is set to use the 3.7V as a standard power source.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

I've read the manual countless times, it does say that it's recommended to use the one cell set-up for pseudo color mixing. After checking the resistor values, I can see why the single cell set-up is preferred. The 7.4v source needs a beefy resistor haha