Thread: Graflex style crossguard saber

Default Graflex style crossguard saber

Some guys over at The Replica prop Forum are coming up with ideas for a Graflex based crossguard style saber.
    Some of the renders are pretty cool looking. Check them out here.
    http://www.therpf.com/f79/graflex-5-...50/index2.html
    Don
    Sith Happens

Ha... Yeah that's me... I was perusing this site trying to figure out how to wire it up (never have worked with electronics... only static hilts).

While this will look good as a static hilt, electronics and sound will bring it up that extra notch to make it great... or the worst thing ever depending on your opinion of a Luke Crossguard saber.

Most build info will be in this thread...

http://www.therpf.com/f79/finishing-...82/index4.html

(latest posts are the broadsword plans)

if anyone on this forum knows a good tutorial for wiring even a standard Graflex, that would be awesome.

(I am a big stickler for "look at the search function, noob"... but being SO "noob" about wiring, this is all a little overwhelming.
    Last edited by NeoRutty; 03-17-2015 at 05:33 PM.

Welcome to the Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoRutty View Post
    Ha... Yeah that's me... I was perusing this site trying to figure out how to wire it up (never have worked with electronics... only static hilts).

(I am a big stickler for "look at the search function, noob"... but being SO "noob" about wiring, this is all a little overwhelming.
    Take your time and look around, it'll take you some time to "take it all in".
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

yeah, crazy... I jumped right to the search function, and therefore completely bypassed the TUTORIAL sections... So... what I'm saying is, I just did the worst first post on a forum.

And I should know better...

Quote Originally Posted by NeoRutty View Post
    yeah, crazy... I jumped right to the search function, and therefore completely bypassed the TUTORIAL sections... So... what I'm saying is, I just did the worst first post on a forum.

And I should know better...
    I plan on "borrowing" some of your design ideas for my own build. I went and bought a pair of the Graflex stubbies to play with. I'm thinking the best way to wire it up would be to use 2 single die LEDs, and 1 Tri rebel for the main blade, and wire them like a Quad rebel with Flash on Clash on the main blade. By wiring in parallel ,a 3.7 Volt pack should be plenty of power. I have a regular Graflex with a Petit cruton running a Tri Rebel very nicely.
    Don
    Sith Happens

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Obi Don View Post
    I plan on "borrowing" some of your design ideas for my own build. I went and bought a pair of the Graflex stubbies to play with. I'm thinking the best way to wire it up would be to use 2 single die LEDs, and 1 Tri rebel for the main blade, and wire them like a Quad rebel with Flash on Clash on the main blade. By wiring in parallel ,a 3.7 Volt pack should be plenty of power. I have a regular Graflex with a Petit cruton running a Tri Rebel very nicely.
    Don
    Would love to see a build thread on this... being new to wiring electronics, getting an idea of how someone would wire up a graflex, especially with the slaves, would be great.

-EL