Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wife jumped the gun on a sound board.

here is a example of what i am thinking of.

10 led.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mark1972 View Post
    here is a example of what i am thinking of.

10 led.jpg
    Ah. Accent LEDs, you would need to wire them in parallel, and two would act like one. That's going to be some very tricky soldering.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

so the way i have it wont work?

I think i have what i need to start but i am tiring to figure out how to wire a RGB tri-rebel with a 7.4 battery on a CFv7.5 and do i need resistors for it if some one can help me please.
    Last edited by Mark1972; 03-21-2015 at 08:47 PM.

I have read the manual and i am confused big time.
    Untitled-2.jpg

With that setup (without the color extender) you're looking at pseudo color mixing. If that's what you're going for, then this is how you'd wire it: http://screencast.com/t/kYavWpdg9L. Keep in mind you should do the "battery hack" so the board only uses one cell (3.7v) rather than 7.4v. If you don't do the battery hack, you'll have to use some ridiculous resistors to keep the led from burning out.
    Honey, you've been looking for love in Alderaan places!

i got the CF hooked up but the main led only works when i hit the board it acts like FoC i think the color profile is not set right i cant find the correct setting to change.

wiring.jpg

Check for an override.txt file. I think that's where the color profiles are stored on the CF.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

i found the files but i do not know what to change or what to change them to run 1 led?

I think it might be a battery issue to be honest. Every time my sabers start to run low on juice, the LED only works when swinging. Are you using a 7.4v battery? And is the battery solution charged? Check those things out and let us know.
    Honey, you've been looking for love in Alderaan places!