Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wife jumped the gun on a sound board.

Default Wife jumped the gun on a sound board.

I just found a email form Plecter Labs my wife got a CFv7.5 for me as a wedding anniversary present.
    It was a nice thought but this being a first build i wasn't going to go that far.
    Either way its dune can any one send working wiring diagrams and advice on working with it.

Thanks

go to plecterlabs website and download the manual. read it carefully. has a lot of options and different ways to wire it. there are also some diagrams in it. I also suggest getting a color extender from the store for it if you are doing color mixing.

Thank you i have been reading the manual for the CFv7.5.
    Its a little confusing and i was wondering if there is more complete diagrams in line that i can study.

Hell i haven't got the saber yet just ordered most of it 2 days ago.
    she ordered the CF a week ago.

If you don't have any soldering experience, you might consider holding that CF for your second build. Or for a future upgrade to this saber.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

I do have ex. on soldering the wires to the board but the ax leds scare me but i still think i can do it. with the right info.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark1972 View Post
    Thank you i have been reading the manual for the CFv7.5.
    Its a little confusing and i was wondering if there is more complete diagrams in line that i can study.
    What specifically do you want to know. It isn't easy to have one diagram that covers "everything" because "everything" is different for different people. If you have a specific question or two, we can help point things out to you.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Firstly, what a wonderful wife (I hope she did not feel like she did the wrong thing, I think it is a wonderful gift) and secondly, reading and rereading the manual will gradually sink in the details to this board, remember Erv says that you only need to connect the speaker, LED, two switches and the battery to get 8o% of the CF 7.5s features. And finally, I had no soldering experience, little electronics knowledge (as well as a VERY basic education) and managed to install a CF 6 with little trouble. So, best of luck to you, you can always wire up your board and then upgrade your LED/wiring in the future, that is half the fun of developing a favorite saber, making shrouds, adding greeblies etc slowly personalising it over time. Hope you have a great time building, and even better time enjoying, your first saber!

no i wasn't mad more surprised and excited.
    i just have ideas and curios if they will work.
    Like can you put 2 LEDs on the same axu Chanel and how would you figure out the resister for doing it that way.

If you mean 2 main LEDs on an Aux channel, the short answer is probably if they are the same color. Next question would be WHY?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com