Thread: Tri-Rebel color help?

Default Tri-Rebel color help?

Hey all,
    So I got my first order in for my dark jedi saber and I am sooo psyched with everything I got so far. Here's my question. I didn't realize that the tri-rebel LED doesnt have which die is what color marked on the board. Is there a way to test the die's out before I wire them up so I can match wiring color to the correct die(ie. Red wire to red die, etc) I was thinking of taking a AA battery and connecting some wires to it and using a couple of neg and positive probes on the pads to light it up to see the color. Would this work. Thanks

You can, you just have to be careful with the Red, as it is a lower Vf, and might pop if you use a full 3V. The orangish looking die is probably the RED. Also, use eye protection (sunglasses), or cover the LEDs with a paper towel.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I figured a AA is 1.5v so it shouldn't pop the red. Thanks for the advice

If you're using one AA, you should be ok.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com