Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bonesaber

Default The Bonesaber

Hello everyone I'm glad to be apart of the community of Jedi, and Sith alike. I'm starting my lightsaber build realativly soon and would like any constructive critisim on building it. I am looking to do a sound stunt saber using the petit crouton. My base build looks like this. I would also like some input as far as if I can use this part http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MH...kers-P892.aspx with a petit crouton or how I'd go about making it easy to swap out.
    SaberBuilder_render.jpg

Internal minus the speaker and battery of course is this(I just used the AV switch for visual reference as I will be using a Latching Guarded Switch)
    SaberBuilder_render2.jpg

I'm looking to add Instamorph claws and pleather around the choke and in the ribs.

"Stunt" saber means without sound. Also, the speaker holder you shown works with a Nano Biscotti sound card, not a PC. What are instamorph claws? And how exactly would you attach those to the parts you mentioned?
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 01-01-2015 at 05:14 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

That part is made for standard v1 parts with an inner diameter of 1.24" so you will not be able to fit it in the rear of that saber. Your forward grip section of your hilt is also not long enough, as that chassis requires at least 5" of length to fit.

Oh Ok, I didn't know that they're two different things (stunt and sound) What recommendations would you have to secure the sound board/battery/speaker in the hilt?
    Instamorph is a type of moldable plastic. I'll probably do super glue
    Also would you recommend the corbin blade?

PS: It's also okay for me to have a hilt that's not necessarily for battle as I'll mainly have this one for cosplay.
    Last edited by DarthScohin; 01-01-2015 at 05:31 PM.

You can put whatever kind of blade you want on the saber. You just have to remember, that if you put a "show blade" on, it's not going to handle a lot of hard hits too well.

You can go through the chassis parts section of the store and piece together what you need. With that said, you don't have a lot of room on the inside of your saber, and depending on what battery solution you choose, you might not have room to fit everything in there the way your hilt is currently designed. As Thank you._Bomber pointed out, you also picked some pieces that have a smaller than usual inside diameter.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

I was worrying about the ID do you know what size battery would fit in such a build? I was thinking of putting the speaker at the start of the choke if possible

Quote Originally Posted by DarthScohin View Post
    I was worrying about the ID do you know what size battery would fit in such a build? I was thinking of putting the speaker at the start of the choke if possible
    If you use the Prizm sound card, you might be able to squeeze a single 18650 battery underneath the card. It will be tight. Your speaker would have to go at the back of the hilt, by the pommel.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Ok, is the PC too big to fit in general, I have a friend who is willing to 3D print a couple of acrylic disks to fit

Unless you know how to do the 3.7V "hack" on the PC, you would need a 7.4V battery solution, which you don't have the room for. You may want to seriously consider redesigning your saber.

The Prizm is essentially a variant of the PC, minus the voltage regulator.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 01-01-2015 at 06:35 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Well fooey, and the PRIZM is out of stock. Thanks FJK

PS: If I added a 2" extension in front of the ribbed section between the 4" connector? or do I need more length than that?
    Last edited by DarthScohin; 01-01-2015 at 06:54 PM.