Quote Originally Posted by San Tala View Post
I notice you said you were going to do without the connectors in your next build. Was it really that tough to fit everything in as I was going to use connectors on my build and we talked in the other topic about how our designs are pretty similar in terms of space.
The original plan for this build did NOT have a choke. It was added solely for internal space (the 5w resistor is Huge!).

In a 1.15"ID part, you have just under 1.04" area (if you were to look at the part from the threaded end).
The JST connectors are not that "wide & high" (.255"x.157") BUT, they are LONG (.94").
I tried (and failed) to cram a recharge port, 16mm short switch (which will take up quite a bit of space @ .627"w x .67" deep in the hilt, takes up .42" of your 1.04"), a 5mm led, 6 JST connectors, a power extender, a dynaohm resistor and the 2.2ohm 5w beast of a resistor, and ALL the wire (26g) into a 4" double fluted extension. Now I had some space in the ribbed section with the battery, but I lost that with the male end of the choke (or originally, Blade holder).
I'm sure with more experience, and a bit more trial and error (I WAS pressed for time), I could have planned it out better (and got a smaller resistor) to reduce space needed. I guess that is what "upgrades" and tinkering later is for!