Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Battery placement question

Default Battery placement question

I'm about to start a new build PC 1.5 tri-rebel red-orange 7.4volt 2600 mAh battery going into a heiland flash handle . ( not a tremendous amount of room.) My question is my battery is probably just a under an inch away from the heat sink is this ok ?
    I can light a small city with my board

Depending on how you're running the Tri's, you could be pushing your luck.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

So no over driving to 1000ma ? I could keep it to 700

Quote Originally Posted by Star Bird View Post
    So no over driving to 1000ma ? I could keep it to 700
    I doubt they'd survive overdriving. Also how many you plan to run will also be a factor as to heat.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    I doubt they'd survive overdriving. Also how many you plan to run will also be a factor as to heat.
    I was going to run 3 in series at 1000 off the board. But now that the battery is so close to the heat sink.....Do you think 700 would be safe?

What kind of heat sink are you using? It's likely going to get hot, even on the outside of the hilt.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

It's the fx vader conversion kit.

What kind of board?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Pc 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Star Bird View Post
    Pc 1.5
    Well, if I were you, I would be prepared to just use 2 of the 3 dice - you should still be able to blind yourself with just 2 dice.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines