Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: PC 3.5 FoC Voltage Question: 3.3V or 7.4V?

Could you please link that thread?

Quote Originally Posted by jamesfuss View Post
    Could you please link that thread?
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ion-for-CP-3-5

The Force helps those who search for themselves. It was listed under the recent threads on the left hand side of the screen.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Don't most savers with soundboards run 7.4 batteries? And is that a negative or a positive that it would use a huge resistor? How would you normally wire a white FoC? Could you please link that other forum post you mentioned so I can read up on it

Quote Originally Posted by jamesfuss View Post
    Don't most savers with soundboards run 7.4 batteries? And is that a negative or a positive that it would use a huge resistor? How would you normally wire a white FoC? Could you please link that other forum post you mentioned so I can read up on it
    For quite a while 7.4v was all most sabers had. It can be a negative if you don't have space for it. I posted the link to the other resistor post, as far as the rest, I strongly recommend that you take your time and read through the forums.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thanks a lot sorry for having to deal with these questions that would be trivial for you haha

The external resistor is big, but when I think about that heat on the board instead, I cringe. Keep the board cool and use the external resistor. It also has the added benefit of being able to hook the battery directly up to it if you need some inspiration during the build. Sometimes, I just need to see a pretty light to make me happy, from time to time. LOL.