Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: Ideas for future videos

Building a neopixel blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatsweats View Post
    Building a neopixel blade.
    The "standards" are still being worked on.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by rlobrecht View Post
    There is one. Check it out here.
    Thank you, I had seen FJK's video. I'm guessing I'm on a mission to drill some wire routes. I am no longer afraid to put switches through threads on MHS, I've done that. I'm trying to shorten my sabers now, to get them smaller. Mako was too long for practical purposes. TCSS doesn't really have some of the components I need to shorten my designs, so I have to come up with new switch solutions. I'm getting better.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    The "standards" are still being worked on.
    I doubt there will be a true "standard" for some time (at least until a larger company like VV starts making a readily available blade). Too many options with connectors and diffusion. I think if someone has the ability to show a basic build of a Adafruit Neopixel strip blade with whatever connector and diffusion choice, it may go a long way in helping folks get started.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    Thank you, I had seen FJK's video. I'm guessing I'm on a mission to drill some wire routes. I am no longer afraid to put switches through threads on MHS, I've done that. I'm trying to shorten my sabers now, to get them smaller. Mako was too long for practical purposes. TCSS doesn't really have some of the components I need to shorten my designs, so I have to come up with new switch solutions. I'm getting better.

Tom
    There are solutions out there where the tactiles are mounted on/in the heat sink of the LED. That's moving things pretty far forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Nurse View Post
    I doubt there will be a true "standard" for some time (at least until a larger company like VV starts making a readily available blade). Too many options with connectors and diffusion. I think if someone has the ability to show a basic build of a Adafruit Neopixel strip blade with whatever connector and diffusion choice, it may go a long way in helping folks get started.
    That's why I said what I said. VV (and others) ARE working on it as we speak.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

While I've done it, a video showing how to mount a recharge port in a pommel and not twist the wires too much and put wire channels in the speaker holder could be good.