Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideas for future videos

Quote Originally Posted by Mark1972 View Post
    And I would like to see how to determine the blade length of it.
    I determined the length of my blade using my height. I oringally had a 36" blade but shortened it because I'm only 5'10" to 32". It helps a lot. handle length has a lot to do with it as well i think. My lightsaber hilt is only 11" long which makes it on the short side of normal so it had trouble triggering swing sounds on the PC v3.5 until i shortened the blade. If you search for sword length be height you can find some tables from places that make custom swords. Mine was from a Wushu (Tai Chi) sword maker.

Quote Originally Posted by Cire Yeldarb View Post
    Using Potentiometers to fine-tune color choices
    Do you measure impedance after you have it dialed in and then replace the pot with resistors?

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Madcow View Post
    Do you measure impedance after you have it dialed in and then replace the pot with resistors?
    Well I've only had the opportunity to do it once so far, but yeah thats the general idea! Otherwise there's the chance the pots could accidentally turn while in the hilt and mess up the tuned-in colors

Fantastic videos so far!

I think a video on wiring in odd hilt configurations such as hilts that are made from ribbed extensions and chokes, etc... It would really show folks how little room they may have and what can be done to make up for it.

I also vote for a crustal chamber video and one for wiring beyond the speaker for a charge port in the pommel.

Heck, maybe even one discussing the pros and cons of different speaker positions and set ups.

A basic Crystal Chamber video was done.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

How about mounting a button/accent led through threaded sections... I am trying to figure this out right now and I'm slightly apprehensive about drilling through threads!
    "The Force is a river from which many can drink, and the training of the Jedi is not the only cup which can catch it."

It isn't normally recommended to drill through thread, unless you are very experienced and really know what you are doing, OR you are willing to replace a couple of parts.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I may go for it and document the process win or lose!
    "The Force is a river from which many can drink, and the training of the Jedi is not the only cup which can catch it."

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock84 View Post
    How about mounting a button/accent led through threaded sections... I am trying to figure this out right now and I'm slightly apprehensive about drilling through threads!
    Drilling through threads is ill advised, there is way too much tear out. A better way to make a hole in a threaded area would be with an end mill, but you would need to do that in a milling machine.

One bit of advice if you do try this is if you are making the hole in an area where two parts are threaded together, make your hole with the parts already threaded together, it makes cleaning them up a bit easier.

Tapping a hole in a threaded area would be something I wouldn't even attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Quixotic Jedi View Post
    Tapping a hole in a threaded area would be something I wouldn't even attempt.
    Although I never recommend my reckless ways to other people, I have a hilt with 4 threaded holes going through the pommel threads and it still screws on/off. It can work although I'm not keen to tempt fate again.
    Besides, those were just 8/32 holes, I wouldn't try to put a switch in the threads and still hope for them to function.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.