Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: May the Force be with me. My first saber build

I got the new shroud done. I am thinking of a weathered saber.
    http://s374.photobucket.com/user/fro...tml?sort=3&o=0

Sorry it's taking so long between post. Coming along slowly.
    http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...pshxl5p6bl.jpg
    Last edited by froggyone; 02-03-2015 at 05:18 PM.

Quick wiring question. Does it matter if the resistor is on the negative or positive wire?

Quote Originally Posted by froggyone View Post
    Quick wiring question. Does it matter if the resistor is on the negative or positive wire?
    Technically, and for the most part, no - though there are exceptions. The common practice is to attach it to the (+) wire.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thanks for the response.

I am in the process of soldering the LEDs into place and I need to bridge the SMT footprint. What is the best way of doing this? I was just put a dab of solder on each pad and lay the wire across them, with a little hot glue or a piece of heat shrink to keep wire off the board. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by froggyone View Post
    I am in the process of soldering the LEDs into place and I need to bridge the SMT footprint. What is the best way of doing this? I was just put a dab of solder on each pad and lay the wire across them, with a little hot glue or a piece of heat shrink to keep wire off the board. Thoughts?
    The wire *can* touch the board, as long as it doesn't touch any of the other pads other then the two you are trying to bridge.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Perfect, thanks for the quick reply. Hoping to have a test video up by the weekend.

I love that emitter so much. I'm 99% sure I'll be using it in my 2nd build. Gotta actually do my 1st build first though :P