Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: new saber take a look :)

Default new saber take a look :)

Hello everyone, just posting up a 2 new sabers I made. these are a bit simpler than the previous ones but fun all the same. They both have NB2.0 with tri rebel bbw for foc. all mhs parts one has black accents the other has liquid gold leaf accents with a clear over it to seal it. the first has a etch of the owners name around the base the other has an etch around the emitter.
    Thanks for looking!

DSC01245_zps2346753b.jpg
    DSC01257_zps1c79de40.jpg
    DSC01263_zps94a9d1d4.jpg
    DSC01287_zps0c1b9462.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice work. Good clean lines with the etching. I approve of these sabers.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Very nice! The etching looks great!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Wow, they are beautiful! What is a liguid gold leaf accent? The engraving really makes it unique!

I think its basically gold leaf that chopped up super fine and put in suspension\adhesive. Pretty close to paint but if you let it sit for a few days in the bottle you will see it seperate out. I also put clear over it to make it a little more durable.I tried using regular gold leaf before but it was way less durable and rubbed off and diddnt adhere to aluminum very well.

Very clean and smart looking!
    _____________,.~-{o}-~.,____________

Great work! Both look amazing. Very clean work, and both very creative. I hope my saber turns out as clean and sharp looking.
    Last edited by setelf3of5; 12-10-2014 at 09:26 PM.

Beautiful and elegant designs, snilam! Indeed, very crisp etching.