Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My first saberstaff

Default My first saberstaff

This is the first saberstaff that I've built. Because it's a double bladed saber, I figured that I would need to frequently shift and change grip on the hilt while swinging an spinning it so I've decided to keep it as sleek as possible. The result is a pretty simple MHS based design. The inside of the saber was somewhat more challenging as I've never done a setup like this before and to include all the features that I wanted, some major cram-fu was required. This is also the first time I've used custom 3D printed parts for the crystal-chamber and the internal chassis. I'm sure I'm going to use them again as they made my life much easier.

As always I have to thank Tim for the great custom work he did on the MHS parts that I ordered.

Specs (for each saber):
    - NanoBiscotte v2.0 with PeX for FoC
    - Tri-Cree Xpe2 RRW LED
    - 2W speaker
    - 3.7V 3400mAh li-ion battery
    - Illumintated crystal chamber
    - Illuminated red ring 12mm AV switch
    - 10 segment Power Level Indicator

Video

Last edited by fragrax; 09-20-2017 at 03:13 AM.

Thats some nice work, as you said sleek, but some real amazing creativity. Great Job!

I said it on fx but it bears repeating. I love every saber you make.

The detail in the saber plug is awesome, truly a nice saber from all angles.

Awesome job with this! I can't believe you fit everything in that you did!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

great work indeed. how are you liking that particular blade holder if i may ask?
    Dark Siders beware my golden blades.

Gold 2 standing by.

Very nice indeed.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Thanks everyone! I'm glad you like it.

@goldsaberwarrior: I'm very happy with blade holder 21. I think that it's an ideal choice for a saberstaff because of it's extra depth. It feels very solid with the blades in.

I really like this. Pretty much how I would design a staff. Where did you place your speakers?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi-Taka View Post
    I really like this. Pretty much how I would design a staff. Where did you place your speakers?
    The speakers are placed right between the ribbed extensions and the double female extensions.