Thread: hello from a new user

Default hello from a new user

heya all,

I have been on this forum for a while, mostly reading post's and trying to get a picture of what I want to build.
    building a lightsaber is something I wanted to do from the first time a saw Star Wars, but never seemed like something I could do.
    after reading some post's and seeing how much help everyone receives I think it is time for me to finally start with it.

not sure when I have the time but most likely I will post the plan for my first saber sometime soon and ask for some advise(dont want to mess up my first order)

Greetings,
    Fisto

Welcome to the Forums!
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Welcome, its good to have you here.

Welcome.
    Darth Fender
    Sith Lord

You over estimate my FLOWERS!

Hello everyone. I am new to this too but probably somewhat late too being thirty five years old. I been wanting to build a lightsaber since i saw the original star wars. so far everyone has been really helpful in giving pointers on what parts to use and how to modify the mag-lite body I got. I'm definitely going to build more when I'm done with my kids and mine.

Welcome to the Forums!

Make sure you read through the Forum guidelines.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I did. I will adhere to them like Gorilla tape.

Quote Originally Posted by Cha'is Jar View Post
    Hello everyone. I am new to this too but probably somewhat late too being thirty five years old. I been wanting to build a lightsaber since i saw the original star wars. so far everyone has been really helpful in giving pointers on what parts to use and how to modify the mag-lite body I got. I'm definitely going to build more when I'm done with my kids and mine.
    Theres all ages here. None too old or young to love lightsabers and all things star wars.

Yes, I am much older than you, and have only been here like three months now. So don't worry about your age...we all love Star Wars!