Thread: Greetings all!

Talking Greetings all!

Hello!

Well, after several years lurking in the dark corners of the forums here, I've finally joined this fantastic group of saber-smiths. First of all, a BIG thank you to everyone who shares this hobby, and all the incredibly dedicated, creative, and supportive individuals that run the forums and the shop, and to the electronics wizards who conjure up the essence of the Force with resisters and croutons.

I have yet to start construction on my first "real" lightsaber (I suppose belt-danglers don't really count), but the build will commence this next week with some unconventional materials (spoilers!). And I can't wait to keep learning what others have done, and share progress on the build. I hope that I can contribute back to the community eventually, as it's a treasure trove of invaluable information and wisdom. Happy sabering!

Cheers,
    Robust Stardust

Keenan (the real name)

Welcome to the forums! There's nothing wrong with a good belt-hanger. I've still got my first one sitting on the shelf at home. I use it as a reminder of how far I've come in this hobby.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing your upcoming build!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Welcome! Look forward to seeing your creative work

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! It's going to be a good time here.

That's a good tribute to progress, Silver Serpent! Speaking of reminders for how far things have come, remember this vintage Luke ROTJ lightsaber? My grandpa and I would duke it out with them when I was but a wee lad. Good times lol