Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Excubiarum, an Old Republic Saber.

Blog Entries

Default Excubiarum, an Old Republic Saber.

This is Excubiarum, she's an MHS design I've had for a while but never installed electronics.

I did a little modification to the parts. 220 grit finish with media blasted accents, and milled windows on the emitter.

Rocked a 12W Yellow with a sabercore Viridian for the soundboard, and a high output 3.7V 18650 2W Bass for the speaker.

So much fun doing this saber, and it's been a design I've had on the back burner for so long. The saber is incredibly comfortable for spinning, and really well suited for dueling as well. The covertec doesn't get in the way, and the switch is recessed just enough. All in all I'm really happy with how she turned out.

Video: {Clicky}

Very cool. The yellow on silver is very attractive.

Very nice! The finish and media blasted accents really give it a great look!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Definitely best yellow blade color I've even seen!!! As to the hilt, a clean and elegant design, I like it!!!
    For me as a noob, what is a media blasted accent?

Nice work Lucien

Blog Entries

thanks, for the kind words everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Obi1 View Post
    Definitely best yellow blade color I've even seen!!! As to the hilt, a clean and elegant design, I like it!!!
    For me as a noob, what is a media blasted accent?
    media blasting or sand blasting is where you take sand or media and blast it at your saber to give the saber a dull texture. So what I did was is sand blast the saber and then used 220 grit sandpaper to take that sand blasted finish off of the raised areas of the hilt.

Very nice work, thanks for sharing it with us!

Holy twirling sabers batman! You weild your saber like a boss in that video! Do you have some kind of training? Love the yellow blade. I was never interested in yellow blade till i tried it on the last saber and now its one of my favorite colors. Great job on the saber!

Very nice! I'm guessing the sound board and motion sensor are pretty top notch, because it timed each swing and block perfectly in the video. Honestly, I was halfway expecting to just see you talk about the saber and maybe spin it around a little bit. Great job on that surprise! I would've probably smacked myself at some point if I tried that and embarrassed myself.

You either have a high level of confidence in your saber spin abilities or in your build quality to do the spin-toss move over concrete.

Nice saber.