Thread: Replica Graflex ESB...ish

Default Replica Graflex ESB...ish

Howdy,
    I had some time over the weekend, and turns out I had lots of spare parts. In fact so many spare parts I did a Graflex ESB like the title says....

Started here with the parts I acquired a while back

Obviously a Replica..

and a clamp that is off color, sorry if my camera is not so good, trust me the clamp is more brassy than silver

I used a Tri-Rebel BBW for my blade color

My last PC 2.0 for sound, and of course TCSS Graflex chassis parts, and as usual no crystal in this one

I went with a 2 watt bass, I like the rumble, especially with Madcow's Bespin II font

Submini momentary switches, one under the "Red" button, and one in the slide switch spot to the left. Only my 5th time using that slide switch for the AUX, and wouldn't you know, the switch scooted to one side during instillation , eh could have been worse

The reason I say ESB...ish is that I took a little "artistic creativity" when it came to the screws for the grips

I think I will go back and replace those nuts with brass ones, as well in stead of textured mylar, maybe I'll go with carbon fiber tape on the clamp.

So its not an "exact" ESB, but I thought it would be worth some time to show it off. That's one of the nice things about a Graflex, rep or vint, most of the time it takes only a fraction of the time it does to build from ground up with sink tube or MHS.
    My next up is a Vader, then another vint Graflex.....gotta stop buying those things.....yeah like that will happen
    Thanks for looking.

Looks great! Man, i really want to complete a ESB graflex someday too...
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

looks Great, I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Thanks guys