Thread: Looking for Awsome Switches/Buttons

Default Looking for Awsome Switches/Buttons

Hello all.

First time Saber Smith here and I need some help finding some sweet switches/buttons now that I am getting down to the "details/greeblies" stage of my designs.

First let me just say that the switches offered by the CSS are AWESOME... they just don't fit with the style of my build.

I need a couple of different switches/buttons for a couple of different builds, two for each build; one for the main switch and one for the FoC. I am hoping to find something in metal (brass, silver and/or stainless steel), and possibly one or two that have LEDs built in.

Ideally said switches/buttons would be fairly small (say about 1/3 the size of a CSS AV switch) and as "flat/flush" as possible, sticking out of the hilt just far enough to be actuated.

MAIN POINT: I was wondering if anyone out there had a lead on a good supplier(s) for awesome switches/buttons/accent LEDs/greeblies (other than Home Depot/Lowe's etc.).

SIDE NOTE: Tips/tricks on how to install "non standard switches/buttons" would be great as well.

Thank you all so much in advance,

Sigma

(I posted this first in the "New to the Forums" section - because I am, obviously LOL - and only realized afterward that this might be a more appropriate place for this thread. Apologies.) :/

Welcome to the Forums.

These forums are attached to a store. And we mainly cover items that are sold here in the store - or affiliated products. You may want to check out the forum guidelines when you get a chance. I'm confident that you should be able to find what you are looking for if you search around the Internet enough, it's what most good saber smiths do.

I see see this has also been asked on FX, that is a "better place" for your question.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 09-19-2014 at 04:06 AM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Hey I need some help and I'm not sure where to post this, but I need a activation switch for my Darth Maul master replica. The black piece that the red cap sits on broke and I can't fix it.

Welcome Sigma, if you do eventually find what you are looking for Post some pic's so all of us can see your work.