Thread: Retribution, TheSilverDark's First Saber

Wink Retribution, TheSilverDark's First Saber

Ladies and gents, Corellians and Gungans and all manner of other beings, I present to you Retribution.
    image.jpg
    So this stunt saber suffered many design changes. It went from an extremely simple one, to the one you see now. My first design I wasn't all too happy about, but as I was going through my design book, I ran across an old design I really enjoyed which evolved into what you see now, which is one of the reasons it earned its name

The saber was originally going to be used in a mini-series my friend and I wanted to do, but since we scrapped the idea I decided to make this anyways. I was on a slim budget but I pulled it off as a stunt. I am really proud of it anyways. It's made with chrome sink tubes and a Style 19 blade holder attached using the MHS adapter. I attached a Covertech clip and a standard Mom/Latching switch. I built a wood chassis and used a copper cap heat sink (since I forgot to order a heat sink...). I use a white Luxeon Star LED with color discs. And so onto blade color.
    image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    Since it's impossible to get a good solid red with the color discs, I settled on this fiery-orange-red color, which I find very satisfying. The second color I chose was this goldish-yellowish color. The character that wields this was at one time a Jedi Sentinel who turned to the dark side.

And that's that! Thanks to everyone who put some input in this saber and everyone who advised me and helped out!
    "Peace is a lie. Perhaps the greatest of them all. Peace, or a lack of change equals Death. If the waters of a pool cease to move, and become stagnant, the waters poison themselves, and kill all who drink from it. Chaos, on the other hand, brings great change. Should the pool be over taken by a river, life springs anew.
    -Lord Malyce, Exile of Sith, First Warrior of Sands

Congrats on getting it done! And nice design choice with the shrouds.
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Thanks guys
    "Peace is a lie. Perhaps the greatest of them all. Peace, or a lack of change equals Death. If the waters of a pool cease to move, and become stagnant, the waters poison themselves, and kill all who drink from it. Chaos, on the other hand, brings great change. Should the pool be over taken by a river, life springs anew.
    -Lord Malyce, Exile of Sith, First Warrior of Sands