Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Re: Madcow's Videos... Belgium?

Default Re: Madcow's Videos... Belgium?

Since the Videos are posted in the store section no one can comment on them there.

I'm a little thrown by the web address of the videos.
    They are NOT youtube.com but instead youtu(dot)be.. a Belgian domain.
    And since the poster, Madcow, is from Canada I feel a red flag going off.

The only thing I know about Belgium is Hercule Poirot and waffles.

It's just the way the links are coded. The actual web address is correct. Nothing to worry about.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Here's a little more information:

If anything dominated the social media world last week, it was URL shorteners. Both Facebook and Google launched URL shorteners, Fb.me and Goo.gl respectively.

Now Google subsidiary YouTube has joined the URL shortening bandwagon. It has just announced youtu.be, the official short link of the world's largest video site.

The shortener is exclusive to YouTube links (no surprise). Its primary function is to share YouTube videos and channels with friends, mostly through YouTube's AutoShare feature, which syndicates your activity on YouTube to Twitter, Facebook, and elsewhere. and just like Fb.me, you can manually add the video code to the end of youtu.be and get the appropriate video. Youtu.be/c6K9P58Yf7E, for example, leads to the video I recorded of how the SF Zoo uses Twitter.

This is an expected but smart move on the company's part. I know that my AutoShared YouTube links have sometimes been long and ugly beasts. This should fix that problem and open AutoShare to even more users.

Rats.
    Reading this morning I thought I might be going to Belgium. Evidently not.

On another note. Would it be worthwhile to post the vid threads in another section (instead of "News") to encourage discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by Madcow View Post
    Rats.

On another note. Would it be worthwhile to post the vid threads in another section (instead of "News") to encourage discussion?
    Yes, but I need to talk to Tim first. A reoccurring problem just popped up again, that I need him to fix for me.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Quote Originally Posted by Madcow View Post
    Rats.

I'd love to see that!
    "NO! This one goes here, that one goes there"-H.S.

Saber building in a nut shell, as told by a smuggler

Ok I went to the TCSS youtube channel to see the new videos.
    I found 3 playlists:
    Beginner
    - Weathering your saber
    - [private video]
    - [private video]
    - The TCSS tutorial - calculating resistor values

Advanced
    - tips for wiring
    - [private video]

Intermediate
    - Wiring a recharge port
    - [private video]
    - Shroud work

So 9 videos. 4 of which are off limits. Do I need an account to view the others?

No, you'll probably just need patience.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Madcow, just wanted to let you know your video's are awesome..I will definitely use your wiring tips in my saber. Thank you for taking the time to make and post them!

Quote Originally Posted by Sevinzol View Post
    Ok I went to the TCSS youtube channel to see the new videos.
    I found 3 playlists:
    Beginner
    - Weathering your saber
    - [private video]
    - [private video]
    - The TCSS tutorial - calculating resistor values

Advanced
    - tips for wiring
    - [private video]

Intermediate
    - Wiring a recharge port
    - [private video]
    - Shroud work

So 9 videos. 4 of which are off limits. Do I need an account to view the others?
    All my Shop secrets vids are loaded, they are simply going public one at a time, each day for the rest of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by setelf3of5 View Post
    Madcow, just wanted to let you know your video's are awesome..I will definitely use your wiring tips in my saber. Thank you for taking the time to make and post them!
    Thank you! I learned some of these from my dad when I hovered over his projects as a kid.