Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Madcow post on Recharge port wiring...question

Default Madcow post on Recharge port wiring...question

Does the R.I.C.E. port wire the same?

Quote Originally Posted by setelf3of5 View Post
    Does the R.I.C.E. port wire the same?
    No it doesn't. The actual connecting of the wire and heat shrink would be the same, but the wires connect to different places on the board / battery.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 09-06-2014 at 03:49 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    No it doesn't. The actual connecting of the wire and heat shrink would be the same, but the wires connect to different places on the board / battery.
    I know the connections on the board and battery are different, I mean the pin connections on the 2.1mm jack itself...sorry should have been more clear.

I know the connections on the board and battery are different, I mean the pin connections on the 2.1mm jack itself...sorry should have been more clear.
    I'm still not following you.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

I'm still not following you.
    Sorry...The connections to the three pins on the jack - are they the same for the "Recharge Port" as the connections to the "R.I.C.E." Jack pin connections? I have seen the "R.I.C.E." pin connections on the jack different than the connections I saw in his Video.

The pins on a RICE port look different, and tend to be smaller.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

The pins on a RICE port look different, and tend to be smaller.

I will have to make a diagram for you...make take a few min. Sorry I am being unclear.

I will have to make a diagram for you...make take a few min. Sorry I am being unclear.
    I think I answered my own question when I sketched it out.. lol I think I have it now...

Pin connectors 001.jpg

Sorry, its sideways, and small. But I think its clear.

In the PC and CF manuals, there is a diagram for the RICE ports, in the PC manual it's on (or near) page 39.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines