Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Possible Jaden Korr hilt

Coming together really nicely. Keep the updates coming. And agreed Tim is awesome. There are alot of people in this industry/hobby, whatever you want to call it, that have a mark in it, but I think theres only a few that have really made it what it is and Tim is definately one of them.

Okay so here is a new update let me know what you think.
    I re-cut the upper shroud, the last one did not seem to have really good curves. So I fixed it by doing a 45 degree angle at the bottom

Then in the middle of this I decided it was a good time to cut the lower shroud/grips, I used the "paint and bake" method. Has not done me wrong yet

So now I am getting ready to put the chassis together and install that. On Wednesday I have a date with a bench grinder with a buffing pad on it. I'm looking to put a mirror shine on that upper shroud. May the Force be with me on that one.
    I am still working on the pommel, I'm caught between carbon fiber tape, or finishing the pommel with paint. Have really not made up my mind yet, any suggestions or input would be welcome on that
    I have about three more holes to drill. The two near the bottom the of hilt inside the hole of the grip section, and the blade holder retention screw. I'm looking for a knob type of screw. Long enough to be the retention screw, but with a small enough nob to not interfere with grip. Of course I'm looking for one of those in red.
    Well that's what I have for now, hope you enjoyed.
    Last edited by Noyl Wendor; 09-15-2014 at 11:09 PM.

Enjoying it very much, thanks! I dare say this will be the first replica of this saber.

Wow, looking good so far!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

coming along very great so far. i'm for sure looking forward to your posts of the finished product. may also steal some of your ideas for my build in the future =p
    Dark Siders beware my golden blades.

Gold 2 standing by.

Looking good Noyl. I really like the new upper shroud you cut. Looks much better. I personally would paint the pommel to match the rear shroud. I think it would look much more like your artwork you found and kind of ties the whole rear section together. Can't wait to see more.
    There's a difference between knowing the path.....and walking the path.

Okay so here goes.....
    I used a PC 2.0 for this project, loaded with the JSOTJ font by Madcow. For the battery I used a 7.4 lit-ion set up, the LED is a Tri-rebel BBW. I know I said green but well.....I lied LOL Despite the way it may look (big and bulky) surprisingly it has a good grip area right in the middle of the two shroud pieces.

All lit up....

I'm going to leave the "oohs" and "aahhs" to you guys On my end the hilt turned out the way I envisioned it, however there are some parts I'm not too terribly happy with. Mainly the surface scratches on the main hilt and shroud. My bad, only noticed them when I got to the very end of the project. I would like to try and buff them out but will do so in a bit. Or I can call them marks from being used. Still kinda drinking in a new saber hilt
    Every thing else that was done, custom pommel, custom emitter, holes for the main and aux switch came out very nicely. I was hesitant about using that switch set up, but they work really well and made a nice tight friction fit in the hilt. So very cool there. The paint too, the paint and bake method has not failed me yet. The parts came out very even and looking just the way I had hoped. So there is at least one bonus for the finish of the hilt
    Here's a video. Sorry about the grainy...but its a video nonetheless
    Last edited by Noyl Wendor; 09-23-2014 at 09:02 PM.

Looks great man!

What a difference from those first rough cuts to the final product... Well done!
    "NO! This one goes here, that one goes there"-H.S.

Saber building in a nut shell, as told by a smuggler

Well I think this is just tops. The rebel blue is my absolute favorite, so you'll hear no complaints from me. Very, very good job bringing this hilt to life, my friend. You always do great work.

This by far does great justice to the Arbiter from the game. I would just call the scratches battle damage unless you get a slight touch of ocd that won't let you leave them in XD. Very well done. I hope you wouldn't be offended if I pillaged some of your ideas in the event I finally go through with my version of the hilt =p
    Dark Siders beware my golden blades.

Gold 2 standing by.