Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Possible Jaden Korr hilt

Default Possible Jaden Korr hilt

Howdy,
    Its been awhile since my creative side reared its ugly head and started yelling So I've been looking for inspiration, and of course I found it.
    So here is where I am more than likely going to end up....

Been thinking about doing this saber since I got my first copy of Jedi Knight:Jedi Academy I always liked the design.
    What I'm starting with is, 8" double female connector, BH style 2 (with some of Tim's fancy custom work on it) and pommel style 4. For the guts a PC 2.0 I have, in hilt recharge, and a tri-rebel GGW (always the color I choose at the beginning of the game ) and of course MHS sleeve material for the upper shroud and lower grip. More than likely the "paint and bake" method for the lower grip.
    Really my issue is not the attaining of parts or how to do the wiring, its how close I want it to look to the game version.
    A few of you may recall I did a Starkiller hilt (promo version) from Force Unleashed 2, I think that came out really well. This one however has some interesting parts that I think would be very hard to duplicate as I don't have an entire shop to do this.
    So to ask a couple opinions, my first idea was to use two of these switches http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/SP...itch-P641.aspx below a RC port (flush mount) that would all be placed on the backside of the saber just below the shroud. Any thoughts?
    My second option would be to mount both switches near the pommel where you see the two red buttons. For me and my grip style I would find that too odd. But would still like to hear any thoughts on that as well.
    Possibly, figure out a way to place those types of switches under the shroud. Between the MHS sleeve material and the MHS extension. Any thoughts on that?
    The last part I had in mind is to do 2 4" extensions with a double male adapter, so I could unscrew the bottom half of the hilt to access the SD and electronics, similar to this

I like this sort of set up, and it may offer a way to put a RC port out of sight, but still have easy access to pull the kill key. Any thoughts on this?
    Well for now that's all my poor brain can drum up

Huh. I dont think anyone has done this design before. kudos to you for taking the opportunity.

If it were me, I would have the two red icons be inset accent leds that shine through from underneath. The point of this is to allow the shroud to rotate or slide forward, granting access to the internals (provided you cut open the 8" extension). I think you're on the right track for the switches and recharge port. Keep us updated on this!

I've been wanting to build this saber for a while now myself but I haven't been ready too until lately as I wasn't happy with any of the ideas I've had. A couple of weeks ago inspiration hit me though and this is what I've been working on. I figured since no one had done it before it would be a fun one to try. But I've come up a with slightly different way of approaching this. I started with the same picture you had but I also found this one. I feel like this has more detail to it:

And here is my MS Paint sketch I've been working on as to how I would put this together.

My thought was to keep this as slim as possible. For one I don't like bulky sabers and second that's it how it appears to me in the photos. My plan is to combine both MHS V1 and V2 parts to build this saber. The main body would be MHS V2. The shroud's would be the MHSV1.

So from left to right I would start with MPS Pommel #4 which I would attach to the male MHSV2 to female MHSV1 Adapter and then that would attach to some MHSV2 double female sections and finish off with a modified MHSV2 blade holder. The only thing I will need (and I'm sure Tim is in the process of making these) will be a MHSV2 double ended male threaded connector so that I can connect the double female sections. Most likely I'm anticipating using a 5" or 6" towards the blade holder and a 3" or 4" towards the pommel. This will easily allow the rear grip section to be removable. The shrouds will be heavily modified MHSV1 6" double female pieces that will slide over the MHSV2 main body. Of course this means the MHSV2 parts will need to be turned down just a tad. The male to female MHSV2 part will get some straight knurling on it as I think that best represents the artwork.

This is still very much a work in progress though at this point. I still have a lot to plan out before I can start turning any aluminum.

Now obviously I have alot of custom machine work I'll have to do, but that is also why I designed it this way. I didn't want it easily replicated, but I also feel like this is the most accurate way to do this saber and keep it as close to the artwork as possible. Plus I like a challenge. On the MHSV2 main body I want to include some custom mill work to really set this off. I've got a basic idea of switch placement, that being the red button in my drawing. And as I love the Nano Biscotti sound board I'd only need the one switch. Throw in a nice Tri-Rebel rBrBrB and I'm good to go.

Yeah.....so my idea is a little more involved than what you're planning, but it should be doable, albeit a bit more costly..... plus I think would be a lot of fun to try. I'm planning on starting this one as soon as I finish working my personal saber. I've also got plans already for a Quinlan Vos variant and a Revan.

I really thought this would be a great way to showcase the entire MHS line of products to show everyone that with some creativity and ingenuity you can design some really cool stuff. I'd love to hear what you think though. And I'll be watching to see what you come up with for sure. I've always loved your StarKiller Promo saber you did. I'm sure you'll rock this idea too.
    There's a difference between knowing the path.....and walking the path.

I actually was going to attempt that hilt a few years back along with the guardian double blade but never got beyond the design stages before money shut me down. given when I was banging out a design we didn't have as much of the new awesomeness stuff like we do today so I'm not sure how much help I could be. I had planned to have my switches near the top of the saber just below the blade holder with the red button on your picture (Noyl's) being of course the activation switch and perhaps having a silver colored button being on the other side giving the appearance of just another knob. For the little gold piece using a rubber grip type stuff and glue it in place. For the silver sleeve at the top I had planned for it to be just that, a customized aluminium sleeve that fits over the main body of the hilt and I can just screw in place. The black sleeve I planned on being a black rubber or leather grip and just have it split so that you could screw that portion of the saber off and get access to electronics and what not. The little red knobs at the bottom I had planned to be just that as well was little red knobs made to look like switches. For the main body I had planned just straight blank extensions for the whole thing. The one thing I never did figure out was a pummel but I figured if need be I would add that to the custom machine work. Of course keep in mind like I said a minute ago that when I was designing my version we didn't have as many MHS parts and other goodies like we do now. You guys have a ton more options and parts to work with than I did. With all that in mind I'm not sure what out of that you guys may find helpful if anything but hopefully something is of use to you.

You both have some great ideas so far from what I can see. I've always wanted to see someone do the Jedi Academy hilts and from what I see so far you guys should be able to do them justice. For sure will keep an eye on what you guys come up with.
    Dark Siders beware my golden blades.

Gold 2 standing by.

Nice ideas guys
    I'm thinking a couple of them will more than likely get some use. Arryck Corso as always you have some great ideas, though at the moment I am not really up to using MHSv2 yet. I'm kinda holding out to see what comes of more parts for that particular system. Really the other part of the use of the MHSv1 system is mainly the instance where I can do a lot of the work at home with the small (ish) amount of tools I have in my mini shop. The big red tool case in my garage Hope you don't mind if I use your picture as a reference At this point I have bugged the heck out of Tim, hopefully I have come up with a couple easy solutions for the pommel and emitter.
    As for the main body I am going to go with the 8" MHS extension, I really dig how solid a single piece of can be as opposed to being able to break it down into two pieces. I may end up with the RC port at the front of the saber under where the tip of the shroud is (like in Arrycks picture) then for the switches main/aux I'll put those on the back (spine) so there is not so much "busy" going on in one section of the hilt. Plus I am looking at having the RC port done style one, so its more flush to the outside of the hilt. Though I am not sure if I want to try and pull that one off just yet.
    I'm going for an "ease of build" on this hilt. Not for sale, just for me to use and be able to say one of my favorite hilts is one I can hold in my hand

Thanks Noyl!. I'm sure whatever you decide to do with it will come out phenomenal. I think the only reason I'll be able to complete most of my build myself is because I've spent the last year acquiring new tools which has really opened up so many new doors to me as far as how I approach my builds.

I would put the RC port in the same place as you mentioned in the photo I found. And by all means use that pic for reference. Good luck with your build man. Looking forward to seeing it complete.
    There's a difference between knowing the path.....and walking the path.

So a small update parts are ordered and getting worked on. May be a week or so, but thought I would start here even with the small stuff. I have most of my little stuff fleshed out, waiting on parts. Thanks again for all the ideas and suggestions. I will post more as soon as I get started

I've always liked the Arbiter hilt design from Jedi Academy games, so i'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

I really like this design. It has a unique but familiar look. Sleek and elegant but not too austere.

-Denzil

Okay so I got started today
    Parts...

The pommel and BH were done custom by Tim. Very nice work he was a big help can't do better when someone goes the extra mile to make a piece come to life, exactly as I had envisioned it.
    I also applied my pattern and started my cuts...

So for now that's all that time around this house would let me do I'll have more soon