Thread: Parallel Wiring Confirmation

Default Parallel Wiring Confirmation

Hello All,

I just want to confirm when choosing a resistor for 2 reds with a vf of 2.8 and 700ma wired in parallel i would leave the VF alone and double the ma to 1400 in a led resistor calculator?

This setup would be run by a NB v2

Thanks

No, you would use 700mA and you would need 2 resistors - one for each die.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

It is safer to calculate each LED die individually at 2.8v and 700mA, and use two resistors, one for each die.

What you suggested works on paper, but can lead to problems in real-world applications. If one die were to burn out, the other would blow as well. With two resistors, a single die failure won't harm the second.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

SS that was explained brilliantly! I followed your advice for my parallel wiring on my tri rebel using 2 resistors, and was confused on why Erv's simple diagrams only had one.
    "NO! This one goes here, that one goes there"-H.S.

Saber building in a nut shell, as told by a smuggler