Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Crystal Chamber, Leather Grip PVC Saber from Gnar Sabers

Default Crystal Chamber, Leather Grip PVC Saber from Gnar Sabers

Although this is the second saber I have completed with sound, this was my first prototype. I am fairly pleased with this saber given it is PVC and has econo sound. I'm very happy with the leather work on the bottom of the saber, however I will be redoing the upper section in the near future (the upper section has scrap leather as I ran out of my premium leather and wanted to finish this before I started on my new MHS saber)(Once my new MHS saber is complete, I will rewrap the upper portion) The sound board is out of the Anakin lightsaber... it took a lot of creative thinking to get that board in there, as the board is about 1.10 inches wide and ID of PVC is 1 inch! the crystal chamber turned out well... simple, but clean, no wires just crystal. Sound is routed out of the saber through the crystal chamber to leave a more realistic look in the pommel... Thanks for all the help to everyone in this awesome community! I couldn't have done this without all of you, but especially Tim, FJK and SS... I can't wait to reveal my MHS v2 saber using my new v2 discs from Tim! Thanks in advance for making them happen Tim!

The Features:
    -Leather grip
    -Crystal Chamber
    -Recharge port
    -Hasbro Econo Sound
    -Rebel LED
    -16mm AV switch
    -18650 3400mAh battery

The Glams:

And finally my Sith and Jedi Sabers getting along during nap time

"NO! This one goes here, that one goes there"-H.S.

Saber building in a nut shell, as told by a smuggler

Great work! That looks like one comfy-to-hold saber. What did you use for the crystal? It's definitely big and bright!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

I used Tim's acrylic crystals from right here at TCSS... I mounted the crystal in a piece of thick trans white blade and took the dremel to it to make it look more like one piece.

Just finished this blade plug for the hilt.

This looks really good! Nice clean job and smooth lines, I am a fan of the leather wrap, the crystal chamber is fantastic and I like how the blade holder curves in. Great looking blade plug too.

How did you make the crystal chamber and where did you get your leather? All in all it looks awesome!

That crystal chamber looks very bright. I'm trying to find something brighter than the little 5mm that I see people using and I would love to know what you used and where you got it!

Looks Very Cool.

Dude, that's seriously a nice looking saber! I actually started thinking up a double leather wrap/grip style for my first mhs build today, nice to see an idea of what it looks like...