Thread: Sugru

Default Sugru

Has anyone here ever considered using sugru as part of their hilt? I was attaching my sound board sleeve to my battery holder with some sugru and began to toy with the idea of using it as decoration on the hilt. I figured if you roll it out in between some wax paper nice and thin, you could cut it out with an exacto knife and apply it to the hilt. Thoughts?
    I don't want to be one with the force... I would rather have control over the force. Does this make me inherently evil? I don't think it does.

I don't recall seeing anyone use sugru as part of their hilt design, but it sounds like an interesting idea. Go for it!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

I saw some sabers at Comic Con where the guy and used it or something similar to it as a casing for the hilt. It was molded around a body and decorated to look like a dark wood or bone but with some roughed our molds. I thought it was neat because it didn't have a brittle ceramic texture. I thought it was resin cast but wasn't sure. It was firm with a little bit of give. It reminded me of what I always thought Jolee Bindo's saber should look like.
    A fool speaks of what he knows while a wise man listens for what he does not.

Yeah I was adding some sugru to a pair of pliers to make them more comfortable, and while it was curing my sneaky husband came by and carved little hearts into it. When it finished curing it actually looked pretty cool... My thought would be to make a grip around the hilt that could be molded to your hand, or use strips of it in place of wind shield wipers... OR you could cut out long strips and run them up and down the hilt in a cool sort of circuit pattern design... oh oh or in a laced over design! OR HELLO KITTY! lol
    I don't want to be one with the force... I would rather have control over the force. Does this make me inherently evil? I don't think it does.

I could see using the stuff on a sink tube saber. Maybe one of the smaller diameter. It may work out really well as a molded grip on a 1.25 sink tube set up. Or for that matter used on the new mhs v2. Molded around one of those saber hilt (smaller set up) may give the hilt a really nice feel.....hmmm off to do some research

If anyone has any pics of this used on a hilt, i'd really like to see it. Consider my curiosity piqued!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------