Thread: Exposed Crystal Chamber Tutorial Requested

Default Exposed Crystal Chamber Tutorial Requested

I've always wanted to make a lightsaber that had an exposed crystal chamber, but I have no idea how I'd do it. I've flipped through the gallery and seen so many amazing sabers that have them. Could anyone give me some pointers on how to go about this?

It's typically a test of your creativity. Think of it as a Jedi (or Sith) Trial.

What you will need is a small crystal, a small LED to light said crystal, something(s) to hold the crystal in place (many types of bits and bobs will do) a way to run wires through your chamber to get them wherever they need to go and a way to hold all that together and keep it secure in the hilt.

Since I'll be doing a couple of "instructional" videos this weekend, I'll see what I can do.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Many thanks! I'll be sure to watch those.

Forgetful Jedi Knight - Do you post these on this site or do you have a youtube channel that one could subscribe to?

Quote Originally Posted by Experienced Noob View Post
    I've always wanted to make a lightsaber that had an exposed crystal chamber, but I have no idea how I'd do it. I've flipped through the gallery and seen so many amazing sabers that have them. Could anyone give me some pointers on how to go about this?
    I am working on a crystal chamber based on the double male with slots extensions in the shop. I figure on lighting it with the accent LED supply from an NB sound board.

I would also love to see a video with some hints&instructions, I'm a bit creatively challanged when it comes to machining small things and I guess one Needs to do that for a nice crystal chamber. Thanks a lot Forgetful Jedi Knight in advance!

I second everyone elses thoughts here... I love seeing the build progress threads here, and some videos documenting design and fabrication of hilts would be killer.

EDIT: My husband usually helps me with this stuff because I don't know how to use most of his tools, but while he is gone, some tutorials on using dremels for carving up shrouds would be cool =D... I think I saw one on here once, but my search-fu is failing me...
    Last edited by Bandit_Grey; 08-04-2014 at 04:09 AM.
    I don't want to be one with the force... I would rather have control over the force. Does this make me inherently evil? I don't think it does.