Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Goooodbye all my monieees list - did I miss something?

Red face Goooodbye all my monieees list - did I miss something?

First time saber but I cant bare to missout on anything. So do I need to ad anything here?

Hilt
    1. Pommel nr 3
    2. Body nr 1
    3. Extension MHS deep ribbed + Wet black style 1
    4. LED blade holder 23
    5. Heatsink that comes in HMS builder

LED
    1. Blade TCSS showblade
    2. Luxeon Rebel star Deep red
    4. Battery pack(JQ sabers)
    5. Smart charger
    6. Switch 16mm Anti vandal latching red ring

Sound
    1. Nano bisc
    2. Speaker Premium 28mm speaker
    3. MHS speaker mount V6
    4. Heatshrink tubing

Misc
    1. Extra wiring
    2. Black thumb screw 2.50
    3. Drilling service (Activ) + hole for Led blade
    4. Activation box 9 style + black button head screw
    5. D-ring + hole
    6. Thermal tape pads
    7. Resistor (2.2 ohm 2w)
    Last edited by SWEGirl; 08-01-2014 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Awsome tips

Well, you can eliminate the buck puck. You may want to use a version 6 speaker holder, which will keep everything nice and secure. Also the 12mm AV's don't work with switch box 9, unless Tim does something special for you. Also, if you are using a box, you don't need the guarded hole.

I don't see where/how you are going to use the grips with a fluted section.

Since you live overseas, you can get the battery pack from JQ Sabers in the UK.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 07-28-2014 at 04:59 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Well, you can eliminate the buck puck. You may want to use a version 6 speaker holder, which will keep everything nice and secure. Also the 12mm AV's don't work with switch box 9, unless Tim does something special for you. Also, if you are using a box, you don't need the guarded hole.

I don't see where/how you are going to use the grips with a fluted section.

Since you live overseas, you can get the battery pack from JQ Sabers in the UK.
    Hi thank you for your help!

So why dont I need the buck puck? V6 speaker holder check!
    I wrote down the wrong switch its a 16 mm needed for the box right?

About the flutes, thought that ill have the grips in groves. Saw someone do it in the forums, thought it would be neet. Do you think its a bad idea?

JQ sabers? Okey ill look right now, what type do you think I need? And heatsink? They added it to my cart in the saber shop...

Thanks once more
    Last edited by SWEGirl; 07-29-2014 at 06:24 AM.

Swap your latching switch for a momentary switch. The 16mms fit in the boxes. I don't think Tim has added any 12mm boxes yet. The Nano Biscotte doesn't work with latching switches. Don't worry, you won't have to hold the button down to keep the saber on.

BuckPucks need over 5v to run properly, while the NB runs on a single 3.7v battery. If you're giving your BuckPuck enough voltage to run, then you've likely cooked the NB. Use a resistor for your main LED instead.

I'd grab one of the thermal tape pads as well, to help keep your LED mounted to the heatsink.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

the flutes aren't what people put the grips into, there is a service that tim offers for the grips.
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Mi...le-2-P821.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    Swap your latching switch for a momentary switch. The 16mms fit in the boxes. I don't think Tim has added any 12mm boxes yet. The Nano Biscotte doesn't work with latching switches. Don't worry, you won't have to hold the button down to keep the saber on.

BuckPucks need over 5v to run properly, while the NB runs on a single 3.7v battery. If you're giving your BuckPuck enough voltage to run, then you've likely cooked the NB. Use a resistor for your main LED instead.

I'd grab one of the thermal tape pads as well, to help keep your LED mounted to the heatsink.
    Thank you for your input.
    What type of resistor do I need? Termal tape okey will do, hm do I take the heatsink that comes from the HMS builder? It pops in the shoping cart.

Quote Originally Posted by clahey83 View Post
    the flutes aren't what people put the grips into, there is a service that tim offers for the grips.
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Mi...le-2-P821.aspx
    Hi!
    I saw someone use the grips in the flutes but i will check once more... or see if its better to let Tim do it...

Quote Originally Posted by SWEGirl View Post
    Hi!
    I saw someone use the grips in the flutes but i will check once more... or see if its better to let Tim do it...
    If you are going to use Grips, it's better to have Tim to the work, the standard flutes are curved at the bottom, so it's not going to be easy to screw/glue the grips into place.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

As for the resistor: If you're using a 3.7v li-ion pack, plug that into the "Source Voltage" spot in the resistor calculator in my signature, and use the LED values for your particular colored LED from the store page here: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Lu...Star-P523.aspx

Or you can learn Ohm's Law and do the calculations yourself.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    If you are going to use Grips, it's better to have Tim to the work, the standard flutes are curved at the bottom, so it's not going to be easy to screw/glue the grips into place.
    Ya it would probe. be better BUT am trying to cut down the costs :/ hmm