Thread: sound board question.

Default sound board question.

Hey everybody, I'm new to the saber scene. Just got my first a few days ago, a dark standard issue from US. I want to add sound to it and was curious about the pros and cons of the PC vs the obsidian, etc. Haven't seen a lot of positive on the forum about the obsidian but was wondering what the main detractors are? Thanks for any info.

First off, welcome to the Forums.

The PC (or any of the Plecter Labs) products are considerably better than that company's stuff. I am not going to get into pros and cons because we don't usually allow discussion of that company's products on this forum, and they've been banned from being discussed on other forums as well. If you want advice, stick with a PC (or a NB).
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I can dig it. Thanks for the input. This is gonna sound incredibly ignorant, because it is, but are the PC and NB easy to change sounds on and such, and to be wired in general? I'm very capable mechanically but I'm no electrical engineer. Hahah

Quote Originally Posted by shiny dog View Post
    I can dig it. Thanks for the input. This is gonna sound incredibly ignorant, because it is, but are the PC and NB easy to change sounds on and such, and to be wired in general? I'm very capable mechanically but I'm no electrical engineer. Hahah

They are not real difficult and you do not need to be an EE to do it. If you have some soldering experience it will be easier for you but if not there are tutorials videos out there that can help.

swapping out the fonts is as easy as swapping out an SD card (how you build your saber will determine that). Also the PC3 comes with 3 sound fonts (switch to the others by using the aux switch) while the NB comes with 2 fonts (long hold on the power button to switch).

The PC3 is currently out of stock but should be back in stock soon.
    MH on FX-Forums