Thread: Cellophane vs. Polypropylene

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Cellophane vs. Polypropylene

I've read that polypropylene and cellophane are two different things but on here it seems like people say they are the same.. what are you really using?

http://www.atlantacello.com/custom-bags/cello-vs-polly/

Quote Originally Posted by Bradman9 View Post
    I've read that polypropylene and cellophane are two different things but on here it seems like people say they are the same.. what are you really using?

http://www.atlantacello.com/custom-bags/cello-vs-polly/
    This is the film that is sold in the store:

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Blade-film-P197.aspx

Many that I know of tend to use the Polypropelene wrap.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Is that stuff polypropylene?

And is poly better than cello or do they both give the same effect just are two different materials that can be used?

Quote Originally Posted by Bradman9 View Post
    Is that stuff polypropylene?

And is poly better than cello or do they both give the same effect just are two different materials that can be used?
    I don't know exactly what the film in the store is made of. I'm just telling you what some of the experienced builders and saber smiths of this hobby have used that I know of. In the other thread Fenderbender told you what he uses and where to get it - he sells his blades and people generally love them. You could try some of each and report back with YOUR findings.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Ahhh gotchya! Well I definitely will experiment.

The blade film sold in the store is awesome material, you wont be disappointed. Used that stuff for my first blade and the results are very good. On the same saber I actually think its brighter then the poly blade that i bought pre-made