Thread: PC 1.6 and FOC Power Xtender 2.0

Default PC 1.6 and FOC Power Xtender 2.0

So I really want to take advantage of the 2512 SMD footprint thats on the PEX 2.0 for compact reasons. I know that I can wire a traditional resistor and bypass the PEX all together but I'm trying to avoid a big ole resistor in the hilt. Why not take advantage of the footprint since its there, right?

So, I'll be runnning a tri-rebel RRW, red for the main and white for the FOC of course and 7.4 18500 battery. I did the calculations using http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz and the recommended resistor was 4.7 ohm and 4.7 watt or greater.

I did find a SMD 2512 resistor rated at 4.7 ohm 2 watt 5% tolerance. Will that be okay to use?

I've read in the description given in the store for the PEX and it says "Use with 2 watt 2512 thick carbon film resistor"

Thanks for any help!

NO, you will need a 4.7 Ohm, 5W resistor.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com