Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lightsaber Naginata

Looks good. So long as that sliding shroud section doesn't bend under stress, you should be fine.

On to the rest of the saber!
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Congrats! That's very similar to how the original Pong Krell was done, (minus the shroud part).
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sidd View Post
    Good Job and congrats

Have you don anything to stress test it?
    (sorry i have no speakers here at work)
    Yes, i did. I braced either end on opposite tables (so that the saber hilt was like a Tight-Rope between two cliffs) I then hung a 10lbs weight from a cable pendulum, then added additional weights. I got to 40lbs (opposing the Fold) before noticeable bow. and 30lbs (with the Fold) before notice able bend. I didnt feel like going any farther than that. I would prefer to only buy all of these parts once.

Seeing as i will not be doing a lot of dueling with this Saber. i dont even know how much stress and average Hit from an opponent would take. I will try beating it with another saber soon, just to be sure it wont bend/shake/Break.

I just saw your video. Really neat work!