Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Using TCSS Parts for Unusual Lightsaber Project. Some Questions

It's scratches off really easily even when dry...I've done it when I tried my hand at pvc sabers and it worked ok, but the spray paint peeled away. Might just be cause I'm in a really dry place but idk.
    "Peace is a lie. Perhaps the greatest of them all. Peace, or a lack of change equals Death. If the waters of a pool cease to move, and become stagnant, the waters poison themselves, and kill all who drink from it. Chaos, on the other hand, brings great change. Should the pool be over taken by a river, life springs anew.
    -Lord Malyce, Exile of Sith, First Warrior of Sands

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverDark View Post
    It's scratches off really easily even when dry...I've done it when I tried my hand at pvc sabers and it worked ok, but the spray paint peeled away. Might just be cause I'm in a really dry place but idk.
    Or you didn't clear coat it somehow.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

....gah! Thanks FJK...
    "Peace is a lie. Perhaps the greatest of them all. Peace, or a lack of change equals Death. If the waters of a pool cease to move, and become stagnant, the waters poison themselves, and kill all who drink from it. Chaos, on the other hand, brings great change. Should the pool be over taken by a river, life springs anew.
    -Lord Malyce, Exile of Sith, First Warrior of Sands

So my plan is to antique it somewhat(I really just want black residue looking stuff in the corners or grooves as an accent) and then I also plan to add some Inscription in Aurebesh. Is spray paint okay for this or is there a better alternative? And what is a good clear coating to use?

If you are going to do Auerbesh, why not have it engraved? Tim offers the service still.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

I did not realize that. The downside I suppose is that the only parts I am getting from Tim are the Blade holder, the Choke, and the Pommel. So I doubt there is enough room.

Also, how long does shipping usually take? The only customized service I requested was two 4-40 screw holes tapped.

Shipping usually doesn't take long, once any custom work is completed. It depends on where you are located. You typically get notice as to when your order ships.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Is there a typical time estimate on custom work? I have never ordered from TCSS before now, so if there is a typical two week backorder time for orders with anything involving services I wouldn't know. Patience is easy if I know about how long I need to be patient for haha.

Also, is there anyway to add to an order after it has been placed or do I just have to make a new one? I want a keychain fob and a display case haha.

IT depends on how many other custom orders Tim has in front of yours. Drilling and Tapping typically doesn't take long.

You would have to make a new order.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Does anyone know the OD requirement of a hilt for the Covertec to fit without looking stupid? I assume there is a small range of diameters that will work.