Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Using TCSS Parts for Unusual Lightsaber Project. Some Questions

It will be a sweeeeet laser though

That leather wrapping link is awesome. I just might have to use it on one of my hilts.

It is interesting, I had actually read through that link but decided it would not work for my purposes. I will maybe do the stitching it up method. I have a punch I could use to make holes in the leath, just need a hammer and my workbench and should be good to go. I also have a leatherworker friend I might leverage to get some ideas.

I cannot wait! Hopefully my TCSS parts get shipped soon. The sooner they get here, the sooner I can play around with them and decide on a design for the main hilt. Then I have to ship everything over to Ehgemus(my machinist) and have it fabbed.

What do you guys think of having the host powdercoated white and then the leather grip be brown? I think it would be an interesting Jedi hilt. And the white should match the blue of the laser beam.

I think that would look super cool. Makes me think of an Obi-Wan Clone Wars Armor sort of saber hilt.

I think white with either, black, or a shade of grade would look nicer. But it up to you man, good luck!
    "Peace is a lie. Perhaps the greatest of them all. Peace, or a lack of change equals Death. If the waters of a pool cease to move, and become stagnant, the waters poison themselves, and kill all who drink from it. Chaos, on the other hand, brings great change. Should the pool be over taken by a river, life springs anew.
    -Lord Malyce, Exile of Sith, First Warrior of Sands

I think white no matter what then...unless the powdercoat job is too expensive. And then I'll try different color leathers until I figure it out.

Ok, we'll have fun with it. Are you gonna have a build log?
    "Peace is a lie. Perhaps the greatest of them all. Peace, or a lack of change equals Death. If the waters of a pool cease to move, and become stagnant, the waters poison themselves, and kill all who drink from it. Chaos, on the other hand, brings great change. Should the pool be over taken by a river, life springs anew.
    -Lord Malyce, Exile of Sith, First Warrior of Sands

Ooh, what's a build log? It sounds like something I should have!

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverDark View Post
    Ok, we'll have fun with it. Are you gonna have a build log?
    Basically a build log is the record of progression of your project, and is meant to be instructional to others (more or less). However, since you are doing something with items that are NOT recommended for common use (lasers), you can get by without one.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

The diode I will be using is quite dangerous in the wrong hands so I understand. I will probably keep a build log but simply avoid showing directions on making the laser itself. All I would put is the process I took going through designs and ideas and then all of the purchasing processes and gloss over installation.

Also I plan to make a few Aurebesh inscriptions and age the saber some. I have heard of a spray paint method where you spray and then wipe over and over again. Any downsides to that method?