Thread: sorry i'm a noob

Default my light saber won't turn off

Please help if you have any ideas.

Hello all, this is my first post and also my first saber so I am new to this. So thank you for your time.

I got the NBV2 and everything is awesome on it except that it will not turn off. I read the owners manual a few times and followed that wiring diagram without a recharge port. I have a monetary switch and am out of ideas. The saber lights up when I tap the switch but then it stays on and I can't turn it off unless I pull the battery.
    Last edited by arctrooperalpha; 06-10-2014 at 07:24 PM.

Welcome to the Forums!

It sounds like you might have a wiring issue with your switch, or a short somewhere.

Another thing you can try is when you go to turn your saber off, hold down the button for a second or two and see what happens.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 06-10-2014 at 07:56 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thank you Forgetful Jedi Knight. You definitely pointed me in the right direction. I melted through some shrink wrap and it looked like it was hitting the body and making a short. Thanks for making this place awesome!

Glad you got it figured out.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com