Thread: Need help choosing a battery

Default Need help choosing a battery

Sorry if this is the wrong section.

But I have a quick question about batteries to power a luxeon tri-rebel running a petit crouton. I have enough room for a battery with a length of about 4" so I would be able to use a 18500 stick battery but would be very tight when wiring everything. My question is would a 14650 side by side battery with 1050 mah be enough to power the tri-rebel? The led is going to be run with one die for f.o.c and the other 2 dices are going to be run in parallel. Not sure if it matters but I will be using a color extender to hopefully achieve a purple blade.

I think you will have a short run time.
    blue die will use about 1000mA
    red die will use about 700MA

So you're looking at 1050mA(hours)/1700mA=0.61 hours or ~37 minutes of blade time.
    That does not include how much the sound or FoC will use.

somone please check my math.

As Sevinzol said, yes, you can use a 14650 pack, but the run time will be about 30 minutes or so.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

thank you guys for the input i appreciate it