Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Where are the Male Extentions?? Need Help with Section for AV Box mounting

Exclamation Where are the Male Extentions?? Need Help with Section for AV Box mounting

I am Building A section of my Hilt that I want to mount my AV Boxes and I see No MALE EXTENSION Parts.

I need A Mail Extension part that is 2.25 Inch long not Including the threads.
    This Length works best for me because the Box Style 4 is also 2.25"long and box Style 9or10 placed 180 Degrees is a bet shorter.

What i have figured out is that If I use A 2" Double female and A .25" Double Male Connector this works too but the threads are there.
    If I use the 2 parts and have them permanent Can my Drill Holes be done through the threads via TCSS Service?
    If I use A gender changer will this work too, and when will those be back in stock?

I do not Want to use Anything longer because the design i have just will not look balanced.

I also have A Question About having A recharge Jake hole Created via TCSS Service.
    Can it be done in A thicker part like the Thick part Of Pummel Style 10?
    and Can A hole be taped for a covertec screw too?

Thanks!

There are no "male extensions" other than the chamber blank, which is 1.5" unthreaded. I know Tim doesn't like to/ recommend that people drill through threads, as it can weaken the parts. If you want to do it on your own, that's up to you. Only experienced Sabersmiths tend to do things like that, because they understand the risks involved.

Drilling and tapping could probably be done for the parts you mentioned.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thanks!

I will try to avoid the threads.

Is this something that Tim can do for me provided I can find a gender changer?

You would need to talk to him.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

I have already emailed Him.
    I know He is busy and I do not want to to irate Him
    As He is working on setting up a new Machine.
    And sounds like he won't be ready for another week.

I am trying to get all my parts list ready as well as my design.
    I was just wandering if its possible to do this and if i can have 2 boxes on the same extention.
    Last edited by GusManB; 06-06-2014 at 05:26 PM.

It depends on specifically what you want to do. It may not all fit internally, which is probably what will happen in your case.

If you are still planning on what you originally posted, I doubt you will get 2 AV's AND the recharge port in there.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 06-06-2014 at 05:15 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

I forgot to mention I am using the short AVs

Quote Originally Posted by GusManB View Post
    I forgot to mention I am using the short AVs
    It probably still won't work. In addition to the switches themselves, you'll need to account for 8 wires and 2 resistors you'll need for those switches. And I haven't even discussed the recharge port yet.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

For the Aux I am going to use an AV without an led.
    As to the charge port what if its in the side off center.