Thread: New PLI Feedback wanted..

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Default New PLI Feedback wanted..

We are looking for feedback on the new PLI setup so if you have any issues or suggestions please E-mail me or post about it here.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

I think it looks really great. Just received mine in the mail and am trying to decide what build to use it in. My only wish would be a chassis disk set or other form of mounting method that slide into the hilt and hold it against the inner wall of the hilt (I know it would need to be protected from short circuiting but you've already described how to do this). Beyond that I am very excited about it. It might be neat to have ones that are all one color (perhaps in the 3 "main" colors from the films: Red, green, or blue), but this may be impractical. I'm just glad to have a really nice PLI available.

Am I correct that it is not a real PLI, just a row of Less that are all on or all off?

Quote Originally Posted by WookieeGunner View Post
    Am I correct that it is not a real PLI, just a row of Less that are all on or all off?
    You are wrong. It is a PLI, that works as a PLI.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

It almost looks as if your PLI would fit in a Graflex style bracket on the outside of a saber. Is this possible?

Quote Originally Posted by craig139 View Post
    It almost looks as if your PLI would fit in a Graflex style bracket on the outside of a saber. Is this possible?
    The chip on the bottom would keep that from working.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Ok, cool. The allow at/all off at confused me.

I guess that could be explained better..

For example... "For 3.7V li-ion battery cell the LED's will all be off at 2.4V and all on at 3.7v"

This means that at 2.4v there would be no LED's lit. At 2.5v one red would be lit then at say 2.6 two reds would be lit.. all the way until 3.7v when they would all be lit. It is not .1v per LED obviously but you get the point.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

I totally missed that one
    Next time I'll put an order I'll test one!
    Clicky Sig =>