Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jay-gon Jinn's Brass Series Saber #28 (BS-28)

Thanks guys! If you like this one, wait till you see the next one I should be finishing up in a couple weeks. It will be SHINY.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Call it like The Shiny Saber. :P If its gonna be that shiny. Lol. Glad to see you doing builds again. Still. Whatever. :P
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

Quote Originally Posted by jedimastergarcia87 View Post
    Call it like The Shiny Saber. :P If its gonna be that shiny. Lol. Glad to see you doing builds again. Still. Whatever. :P
    Still and again, actually.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Very sleek looking saber Jay. I like, you always do an excellent job with the "old school" materials Time off did not leave you too rusty

I like that saber a lot. The pommel gives it nice balance.

Speaking of which... I don't want to hijack this thread but I went looking for the "Orbital Machining Obi-TPM pommel" on google and could not find the manufacturer. I noticed this style of pommel is conspicuously absent from TCSS. Is there something special about it?

Eric, Wat Tambor, formally known as Acerocket, makes the Obi Pommels, and fine workmanship it is as well. He built Corbin Dass' Killer Penny, along with many other other amazing sabers. Check out FX forums. Also, I believe the kill key in this saber is a piece of wall plug anchor, available in lots of colours and sizes. A great idea for a kill plug.

Thanks. I'll have to watch his posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevinzol View Post
    Thanks. I'll have to watch his posts.
    He had done a run of them last year, but at the time, he said that it would be quite a while before he would do another run. You could keep your eyes open over there, every now and then someone puts one up for sale that they no longer need.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 05-20-2014 at 03:05 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Amazing hilt, really a true piece of Art, gold and black make a perfect and elegant combination. The shroud design is fantastic!!! It's real precision machining! Did you use a sink tube as a shroud and removed the chrome coating?

I also love the way you hid the aux switch in the recesses of the main body, I wonder what kind of switch you used (biggest Problem I face with chassis is how those bulky switches take up a considerable place in the hilt, blocking way the from the electronics to the LED(s)...)

Quote Originally Posted by Obi1 View Post
    Amazing hilt, really a true piece of Art, gold and black make a perfect and elegant combination. The shroud design is fantastic!!! It's real precision machining! Did you use a sink tube as a shroud and removed the chrome coating?

I also love the way you hid the aux switch in the recesses of the main body, I wonder what kind of switch you used (biggest Problem I face with chassis is how those bulky switches take up a considerable place in the hilt, blocking way the from the electronics to the LED(s)...)
    no, I started with a piece of brass tubing that wasn't chrome plated. I did all of the cuts on it by hand, no machining at all, since i do not own a lathe or mill. This is the switch I used: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Bl...itch-P558.aspx It is mounted using a set up I created a few years ago where you use a piece of 1 1/4" pvc sink drain tubing cut into a c-clip. The switch is threaded into a hole in the clip and then installed into the saber similar to this: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MH...ring-P896.aspx