Thread: A question about sleeves and trim rings

Default A question about sleeves and trim rings

I am currently buidling a Visas Marr light saber for my GF (or something that's going to be as close as possible). See picture bellow to see what's it looks like now. I have sanded it and know someone with a lathe that's going to make is look as close as possible.

Visas Marr.jpg

Just above the buttons on Visas Marr light saber is a part thats somewhat wider/thicker than the rest of the hilt. Is it possible to use trim ring 3 or MHS Sleeve material to make it look more similar?
    Last edited by ilpostino; 05-02-2014 at 05:42 AM.
    Personal home page: ilpostino.no // Photo page: pentaxianer.no // Travel blog: Globetrekker.no

If you have someone with a metalworking lathe, then using the sleeve material would likely be your best choice. You'll have to find a method to attach the lathed piece to you hilt, but there are several good ways to do so. Some people use epoxy or other adhesives, while others will use screws.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

So both the trim ring 3 or MHS Sleeve material "slides on" the outside of the hilt? Sounds nice. Most likely I think I am going to use epoxy to attach it.
    Personal home page: ilpostino.no // Photo page: pentaxianer.no // Travel blog: Globetrekker.no

Quote Originally Posted by ilpostino View Post
    So both the trim ring 3 or MHS Sleeve material "slides on" the outside of the hilt? Sounds nice. Most likely I think I am going to use epoxy to attach it.
    No, Trim Rings don't slide over the hilt. They are meant to be used between 2 pieces and are locked into place them the 2 MHS pieces are screwed together.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thanks. On the hilt I have a 7" Double female threaded connector and a double ended male threaded connector style 1 so I guess I can put it there.