Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does pink LED exist?

Default Does pink LED exist?

I am thinking about making a light saber for my girlfriends daughter. She is indeed a girlie-girl and I am planning on making the hilt pink. Does anyone know if it is possible to make pink LED as well?
    Personal home page: ilpostino.no // Photo page: pentaxianer.no // Travel blog: Globetrekker.no

Quote Originally Posted by ilpostino View Post
    I am thinking about making a light saber for my girlfriends daughter. She is indeed a girlie-girl and I am planning on making the hilt pink. Does anyone know if it is possible to make pink LED as well?
    You can use a RGrB mix the color to be Pink. It would likely be Red with a little royal Blue mixed in. It would be a bit easier if you were using a PC to do it, as opposed to using resistors.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Yes, Red and Blue (possibly a resistor on the blue) will give you a pink color. You can also get a RRW and use the Red and White to make a pink color. Eastern57 just did one with the RRW pink blade if you'd like to look at it. See the Fluttershy saber in this thread: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ed-lightsabers
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Thanks for the reply to the both of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    You can use a RGrB mix the color to be Pink. It would likely be Red with a little royal Blue mixed in. It would be a bit easier if you were using a PC to do it, as opposed to using resistors.
    How do you adjust the color using a PC? What about buying a Luxeon Tri-rebel star with royal blue, green & red and mix the red and blue?
    Personal home page: ilpostino.no // Photo page: pentaxianer.no // Travel blog: Globetrekker.no

Thanks for the reply to the both of you.
    How do you adjust the color using a PC?
    In short, the PC would allow you to type in values for current for each color LED. The PC manual covers that.

What about buying a Luxeon Tri-rebel star with royal blue, green & red and mix the red and blue?

Thats what hat I meant by using a RGrB (Red / Green / Royal Blue)
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I got a wonderful pink by mixing a Red and White from a Tri-Rebel RRW. I don't remember my settings but if you resistor the white (it will otherwise overpower the red and you won't see much more beyond the white itself), you'll get a good looking pink.

Unless you plan to use a PC3 (and RICE) which is overkill on this project because your building a FULL color changer just to get pink.. I would just use the RRW (and resistor method).

In this way you can still get a terrific pink without the technical overkill of a full color changer build. To tune it lighter or deeper pink just adjust your resistor values slightly.

Or wire in a potentiometer.. (That's how we used to do old school purple or even the silverish blue's) Use the pot to set your color.. Measure across the pot and replace with that resistor.. (Make any colors you like!) easy peasy.. And fun!

I hope this helps.. Keep us posted on your progress!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Malinko View Post
    just an added note on this.
    I vote dgdve as the site's motivational speaker. haha
    "Yes Lord Vader, and I too have a gift... for you.."

"There is no good or evil, no black or white.. There is only.. Perspective"

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    In short, the PC would allow you to type in values for current for each color LED. The PC manual covers that.

Thats what hat I meant by using a RGrB (Red / Green / Royal Blue)

Ah, silly me

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi-Taka View Post
    I got a wonderful pink by mixing a Red and White from a Tri-Rebel RRW. I don't remember my settings but if you resistor the white (it will otherwise overpower the red and you won't see much more beyond the white itself), you'll get a good looking pink.
    Quote Originally Posted by dgdve View Post
    Unless you plan to use a PC3 (and RICE) which is overkill on this project because your building a FULL color changer just to get pink.. I would just use the RRW (and resistor method).

I hope this helps.. Keep us posted on your progress!
    Do you guys know what resistor I need? Perhaps a silly questions but what is PC3 and RICE?

Yesterday I got the last parts I need to build a Visas Marr light saber for my gf so the light saber with pink blade is probably not going to be build before late summer at the earliest I guess. I will keep you updated on the process.

PC3 is the Petit Crouton v3 soundboard sold in the store here. RICE is a method of connecting the soundboard to your computer so that you can adjust settings in real time (colors, blade flicker, etc.)

If you don't wish to use that method, then get a potentiometer (adjustable resistor) and put it on the LED die you wish to adjust, find a setting you like, then measure the resistance of the potentiometer. Replace the pot with a resistor of that value. You will need a multimeter to do this.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    PC3 is the Petit Crouton v3 soundboard sold in the store here. RICE is a method of connecting the soundboard to your computer so that you can adjust settings in real time (colors, blade flicker, etc.)
    I asume PC3 is the same as the emerald drive that US sels, right? I have seen a video of what that can do and it is tempting to buy one but as mentioned it might be somewhat overkill for a kid. I am going to look up the potentiometer.