Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ad video for the shop

What if we had a TCSS vlog? Someone who could represent TCSS and do short vids on best practices, how to make a wiring diagram (as opposed to just asking for one), ohms law, drilling and tapping holes, etc. Something that could be used as an example without spoonfeeding. We could start with an introductory video talking about just what you might be getting into, navigating the site and the forums, and then create subsequent videos in order of most requested topics.

...i just described Madcow's shop secrets, didn't I...?

Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Bomber View Post
    What if we had a TCSS vlog? Someone who could represent TCSS and do short vids on best practices, how to make a wiring diagram (as opposed to just asking for one), ohms law, drilling and tapping holes, etc. Something that could be used as an example without spoonfeeding. We could start with an introductory video talking about just what you might be getting into, navigating the site and the forums, and then create subsequent videos in order of most requested topics.

...i just described Madcow's shop secrets, didn't I...?
    Yup. There are "some" videos and tutorials floating around, they just need to be corralled, reviewed updated added onto and put in one place.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Good plan FJK.. get to work
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

I'm actually planning and constructing my first saber. I could always do a video series that might help newbies see what goes into planning and building a saber along with wiring and soldering. Might be a month or two though, still saving for the parts then depending on when I have that, see when the next powder coating schedule is.

Before you ask, my first saber, not first electronics project.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Well, I do have at least one build coming up - I guess I can let my camcorder roll while I do the wiring of various things to makes few videos. Tim, you may also want to talk to Matt, he did some videos a while back, though they are old, they should be useful as well. I'll email you the links when I get a chance to find them.
    There is a whole series of videos on my YouTube channel that covers a build from start to finish titled "chrome saber 21 video build log."
    It's also somewhat old, bit might still be relevant today.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I had those in mind, along with a series that Matt did a while back, plus a few others that I remember seeing. I just have to round them all up, have their owners OK their use, and then give them to Tim. I could also do fill in videos for various things.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

well, i posted it in a topic here, here's the link: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ideo-Build-Log

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.