Thread: Scratch TOR Gladius with CFv7 by LDM

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Arrow Scratch TOR Gladius with CFv7 by LDM

LDM's Scratch-Machined TOR Gladius with CFv7

Well, this one has been tantalizingly sitting on my build log for nearly a year so I finally just decided to finish it. I used the hilt to beta test the CFv7 and figured that it deserved to be my first CFv7 saber for public consumption. This saber started life as a plain aluminum tube. Machine-fu was employed to craft it into my vision of a Gladius. A few have been done previously and this one is my take on it. The fellas at Force Relics helped me out with the 3D design of my double-box set up and it is printed in stainless steel. The red main switch is stained polycarbonate machined by me. The Aux switch is hidden in the second (smaller) box. The grip is wrapped in a gorgeous textured brown leather and the saber is matte weathered overall. I finished her off with a slightly offset CT wheel (yes, on purpose to avoid he box hitting the leg). The Crystal Pommel is color-matched to the blade. The font set is the full CFv7 stock set and each has a different blade and FoC color tuned via RICE. The RICE port is hidden inside the pommel and behind the Machined resonance chamber. She is small-ish over all (basically a 1:1 replica) at 10.75" long. I am very proud of this one and I hope folks like it.

Particulars:
    100% Scratch LDM Gladius hilt
    Crystal Focus Saber Core v7, 3.7V Hack (Stock font package, font and blade color listed below)
    Custom BH/Optics Module
    12mm red Ring AV switch (main power) with Stained Polycarbonate button
    Low profile/Hidden Aux Switch
    Luxeon Rebel RGB
    Triple-baked matte Weathering
    3.7V (dual 14500) 1800 mAh pack
    LDM 26mm HO speaker in Machined Resonance
    RGB color-matched Crystal Pommel
    Leather-wrapped grip
    SS 3D printed boxes
    Knurled Red-Cone Kill key

The BMT:

The HD BMT (From YouTube...was too big for photobucket):

The Glams:

The Blade/Font/FoC Combinations:

Font 1: "Nightfall" by LordBlako (TruPurple blade, Cyan FoC)

Font 2. Crystal Focus by Link (Aqua blade, white FoC)

Font 3. Nebula by Link (Arkai Yellow blade, Viridian FoC)

Font 4. Greymeat by Sekrogue1985 (SkyBlu blade, white FoC)

Font 5. Hoth by Madcow (IceBlu blade, VioletIce FoC)

Font 6. Revolt by LordBlako (TORange Blade, Arkai Yellow FoC)

Font 7. Shatterpoint by Madcow (OSPP Blade, Violet FoC)

Font 8. TFU2 Kamino by Nightstorm (Aqua Blade, ROTJ Green FoC)

Font 9. TOR Crucible by Nightstorm (Emerald Blade, Violet FoC)

Font 10. TOR Malign by Nightstorm (BloodRed Blade, Arkai Yellow FoC)

Font 11. Shoto by Madcow (Asoka Mustard Green Blade, Light Blue FoC)

Font 12. Youngling by LordBlako (Consular Blue Blade, Violet FoC)

TORange and OSPP are TM's of Vader's Vault. Used by permission. TruPurple, Aqua, SkyBlu, IceBlu, VioletIce, Viridian, Arkai Yellow, Emerald, BloodRed and Asoka Mustard Green are TM's of LDMCustomSabers. Used by Permission.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Sweet saber... I'm diggin' the reveals and grooves. I bet that it's got a nice feel to it, given the heft of that printed box. And that's... a lot of fonts...

Awesome work as always LDM! This hilt design is probably my favorite from SWTOR, and yours is right on the money, especially with that control box. Sweet colors too.
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

That's a wonderful saber there. The square box doesn't look like it'd be all that comfortable in your hands, but it looks great.

I do like that you put the video up on Youtube instead of Photobucket. Videos always seem to load much better for me on Youtube.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

I like the weathering and the leather grip but the big square box in the middle of the hilt does not look like the rest of the saber. It looks like it will dig into your hands. Was it supposed to be some kind of battle salvage? quickly patched after a fight?

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Sevinzol View Post
    I like the weathering and the leather grip but the big square box in the middle of the hilt does not look like the rest of the saber. It looks like it will dig into your hands. Was it supposed to be some kind of battle salvage? quickly patched after a fight?
    It is a replica of a saber from TOR, lol. You'd have to ask the game's designers
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams

a really nice saber (as always^^), especially I like how you tried to hide the aux button, it doesn't interfere with the rest of the design.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Batosai View Post
    a really nice saber (as always^^), especially I like how you tried to hide the aux button, it doesn't interfere with the rest of the design.
    Thanks man. A nice carbide tipped 1/8" end mill lost it's life to make that hole, but I agree that it was worth the $38 sacrifice