Thread: PVC Internal organization

Default PVC Internal organization

I just finished putting electronics in my first saber and...

Does anyone have any recommendations for building a sled, or internal organization in 1" ID PVC?

I've looked around a bit, but haven't fund anything, it's awfully tight in there, the hardest part of my whole build was just getting the wiring in the hilt. I don't have the tools or money to work with metal, so I've been building some PVC hilts, and am trying to make them as high quality as I can...

Thanks for the help, I know it's always tough when people ask "noob" questions, but please be gentle,

There is no "set way" of doing those. Find your own way, you shall. Experiment, you must.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I have a few things that I'm trying, just wondering if anyone has found something that works well... I'm trying lots of things. There's a difference between knowledge and wisdom...

just wondering if there was any wisdom out there on the issue...

I've recently built a PVC saber. There is not much room. I had some discs cut out of 3/4in acrylic at work. Then I drilled out the center half way through to fit the sound card and run the wire through(see pic), and another one to hold the 20mm speaker sold in store. Then I held it in place with some set screws that were hidden by the shroud. The saber was made for a 10 year old and I didn't want anything moving around. You could also use part of the blade from a cheapo hasbro saber. Hope this helps.

IMAG1012.jpg

Words of wisdom: use the electrical pvc conduit, the grey stuff. The black stuff is cheaper, but flakes horribly, making for a tedious dremeling and sanding experience. It never gets smooth.

I think that is along the lines of the advice you were looking for?

You guys use PVC with ID of 1", right?
    Personal home page: ilpostino.no // Photo page: pentaxianer.no // Travel blog: Globetrekker.no

yup, 1" ID conduit PVC
    "NO! This one goes here, that one goes there"-H.S.

Saber building in a nut shell, as told by a smuggler