Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Checking in and saying "Hi"

The diagrams look pretty good from what I can see. However, I can't clearly read all the text.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I know, I apologize I can't figure out how to make the image larger.

Get a photobucket account, and post the links from there. At least we'll be able to go over to it and enlarge a (hopefully) bigger size picture.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

I would move the blue wire on the RICE port to the shared negative on the recharge port instead of connecting it directly to the battery negative. That way, you can be sure all your electronics are completely isolated from power when the kill key is inserted.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

A tool you will use on every saber you build from now until death... yw my friend

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Malinko View Post
    just an added note on this.
    I vote dgdve as the site's motivational speaker. haha
    "Yes Lord Vader, and I too have a gift... for you.."

"There is no good or evil, no black or white.. There is only.. Perspective"

Well at almost 2 months later I am back and very happy to say that I finally have all of my pieces order and most have arrived I am only waiting on the sound board and the blade to come in. As I have been waiting (sometimes patiently) I've been doing a few dry fits just to make sure of where things are supposed to go and how I will make them fit and that's where I have run into the problem and so far the only real one I have encountered (hopefully). As dgdve suggested I am using the spst tactile momentary switches for my main and aux switches and I am using the double ring to mount both of them. This thing --> http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Tactile-C65.aspx The problem I have is installing it. The switches are long, I have sanded them down to just barely stick above the hilt and are much shorter now, but still kinda get in the way when trying to put the ring in. Is there some special way I should be doing this? or is forcing it in the way to do it? Forgetful Jedi wasn't kidding when he said they were designed to be tight.

I'm super excited to finally finish my first lightsaber and when I finally have all the pieces I'll make sure to take pictures of the before, during and after.

Welcome back. Here are a few tips:

#1 - On the side that you do not have wires soldered to, make sure the leads are flat and level with the base of the switch.
    #2 - The center section is "removable". With that said, you need to have both switches pointing down (let gravity help you) put the main ring on and then try to get the locking piece back in. Hopefully (for you) these switches aren't too far down the hilt, or you will need long tweezers, and a load of patience.
    #3 - You also need to be very careful, it is easy for wired to break free of the switch leads.

Have fun!!!
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Haha...yeah....That's exactly what I was thinking the answer was going to be. Nothing is ever easy but at least in the end it will be worth it.