Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Look what I got for $20

Quote Originally Posted by cory View Post
    I thought I spoke up to teach but it turns out I did it to learn... there's gotta be some cryptic Jedi saying about that, right?
    Yeah, there might be something somewhere. I'll check out the holocrons and get back to you.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 02-19-2014 at 05:40 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Oh, I see. So there's no room for Cory here? Fine, then.

Ya know what? Everyone here was being polite, and there were no hard feelings. I admitted my mistake and thanked them for teaching me. I don't think I was rude or condescending even when I thought I was right... so what harm did my taking place in the conversation do? I've been lurking on this forum for a while, and I've noticed a pattern. 1) somebody asks a question 2) FJK replies, almost immediately, in the most unhelpful and condescending way possible. 3) Silver Serpent speaks up and then there's helpful information available.

This forum has a bad rep for being rude or unwelcoming, but as far as I can tell FJK is the only real problem with it. I hope it makes you feel good to know more about *building toy lightsabers* than other people. I hope its worth all the ugliness you spread.
    Last edited by Jedi-Loreen; 02-19-2014 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Edited for attempted cursing.

Whoa, You were the one making the joke, and I was playing along. Sorry if you got offended!

EDIT:
    Oh, I think I remember who you are...
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 02-19-2014 at 05:51 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Hi,

I came back here to make the public apology that I clearly owe FJK.

I was clearly out of line, FJK. I am sorry. To explain myself a little: I have been watching from the sidelines for a while and forming a private opinion about you, which I never really intended to voice. I guess I just didn't really like how you approached some people in the past, and when I thought I saw you aim that at me I sort of lost it. That's not an excuse, I acted horribly. It's just an explanation. And even though I personally don't wholly approve of the way you talk to people sometimes, I had no right to talk to you like that. Nor is it my place to comment on your behavior. Nor, after that display of mine, am I in a position to pass judgement.

I never thought I would be the guy that came here and acted standoffish with people. I wish I could take it back. I'm embarrassed and truly sorry.

Cory

PS- I think I know who you are thinking of, because I've seen a thread where someone else went berzerk on you for no reason. But that's not me. Just eerily similar. I thought that guy was a total tool for acting like he did, and now I'm no better. Sorry again.

Apology accepted. I will be sending you a PM shortly.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Hey guys I'm still stuck on this project. I can't seem to find a activation box for this... Any help would be appreciated.
    Should I just "update the look and give it a differnt switch?

Quote Originally Posted by e13azar View Post
    Hey guys I'm still stuck on this project. I can't seem to find a activation box for this... Any help would be appreciated.
    Should I just "update the look and give it a differnt switch?
    You may wind up having to go in that direction if you can't find an activation box, or something that would be similar. MR's bits and pieces are a bit harder and harder to come by.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

I just realized it's actually a luke esb.
    Is there any conversion tutorials for this thing. Can't seem to find one...

Jedi Knight
    Sith Acolyte
    Jedi Knight
    DDP FETCHER,SIG BNDWGN STARTER,BOT-WTCH LEADER,PROUDFSM member,FORMER Unofficial TCSS postwhore

Where'd you snag a graflex for twenty?

m..my smiley! The TCSS sig Changer! Former official TCSS postwhore! TCSS Bot Watch scout & declarer! =P
    I am a kinda PROUD member of the FSM!

Quote Originally Posted by elrond.406 View Post
    Where'd you snag a graflex for twenty?
    He didn't. It's a MR Luke ESB.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines